diciannove

Once we had got on the ship we realised that it was severely damaged off the battle, meaning we were stranded floating through space. Nebula and Tony were working on fuel cells and any mechanics were completely out of my range. Tony's got infected, as did mine but thankfully Nebula helped keep us alive.

Food was running out and me and Tony ended up having to share. I could see how weak Tony looked so I didn't even want to know what state I was in. Nebula became a friend very quickly, informing of us on all of her father's behaviours and ambitions. Tony and I had become even closer if that was possible, apart from Nat, there was no one else I would rather have my last breath with.

It was day twenty one, or twenty two, I couldn't exactly say as there was no telling the time up here. We were thousands of miles away from anywhere remotely habitual. Food had ran out and it was now counting the days before we starved or didn't have enough oxygen.

Tony had left after playing some game with Nebula so I took his place and continued playing.

"Do you think we were close?" I ask Nebula, my voice hoarse and you could hear the wheeze in my frail chest. I was all bone now, no muscle.

She looked up from the table. "Perhaps, without the stones we would of beat him. Those stones are to powerful for any universe."

I nod and give up on the game, going around the ship to find Tony, who was speaking into his Ironman helmet, saving a message for Pep, if they ever found us.

"...Please know that... when I drift off, I will think about you. Because it's always you."

My heart ached, we were both craving the touch or sound or even smell of our loved ones. I cried every night for the first week but now I had cried them all, my eyes just couldn't cry anymore. None of us knew what had happened on Earth but they must of lost too, meaning they got Vision... so Vision was gone. Wanda must be a wreck, as well as Pietro. Unless they had been snapped, we didn't even know who was alive or not.

It had all went so horribly wrong.

Me and Tony carried so much guilt for Peter, he was so young to be fighting anything like that abomination of a man, to then survive to only be brushed away in a breeze.

"Tony..." I mutter weakly, collapsing on the floor next to him. I was to weak to pull myself up. He lifted my head and put it on his lap, his hand in my hair, his breathing as uneven as mine.

"I know... I know... I'm right here" he whispered, tilting his head to look out into the vast of space.

"Always" I mumble, letting my eyes shut for the last time. Or so I thought, maybe wished.

Behind the shutter of my eyes, there was a glowing yellow light and despite my nosiness, I just couldn't open my eyes.

I was out, dead I presume but I still felt so tired. There was a lot of pressured force, like we were actually moving through space. Tony was trying to wake me and I couldn't find the effort until he mumbled in my ear.

"Hold on... please... we're going home."

My eyes fluttered, so weakly, and when I looked out the window it wasn't space anymore. It was home, our home. There was a woman literally carrying the ship while glowing gold and I couldn't believe she had manged to get us out of space.

The ship landed on the ground and Nebula tried to get Tony to stand but he was weak too, to weak to lift my head off his lap.

"I will take her Tony" Nebula says but Tony keeps his hand in my hair, not wanting to let go of me.

"Tony...we need to get up" I mumble and he lets his hand flop and Nebula picks me up, carrying me in two arms. I mustn't weigh anything more than a feather.