sette

I am more thank thankful that now, since I'm basically working for S.H.I.E.L.D, I have access to their Quinjets as public transportation always stresses me out. Nat was the same, being around big crowds just sets an assassins anxiety through the roof. She flew the jet while following the coordinates I put in.

"What if there's no space to park? Or if there's people in the way?" Nat questioned and I sighed.

"I wouldn't worry about that."

"Why?"

"Just wait and see."

As we soared over the beautiful Italy, I started to feel sick in my stomach. I hadn't been back here since that day, sure I have been in Italy but I stayed far far away from my small home town. The memories, although it happened years and years ago, were still raw. Up ahead, was where I heard Nat do a sharp inhale.

My home town was completely destroyed, burnt to rubble, only small parts of houses remained and the rest of it was just non-existent. Expertly, Nat lands the Quinjet in a space in the middle of what used to be a road, now just dusty sand. The back door opens and we exit, the Italian heat hitting me through my layers of clothes, hood still up but no mask this time. Nat is wearing a black jumper with black jeans and boots, clearly trying to go as comfortable as she could allow herself.

"So... welcome to my home" I said sarcastically. Nat looks around in disbelief, taking in the ruins.

"What happened?" she asks. I make my way over to a small house, the majority of its walls burnt down to the ground. My fingers gently trace the walls as I reminisce all that happened right here, where I saw my parents for the last time.

"I was only seven at the time. My parents and I were sat eating our dinner, our only meal of the day when chaos erupted outside. My father went outside and came back in with a pale face while trying to hurry me and my mother out the back door. We managed to get halfway, halfway to freedom, to safety but we never made it. Mother got shot in the leg, causing her to fall and my father wouldn't leave her, telling me to run while he accepted his fate with his love. I tried, I tried to run but a soldier caught me."

Nat comes and sits next to me, taking my trembling hand in her own. "HYDRA?"

I nod and look at our intertwined fingers. "HYDRA caught me and took me in, that's where I spent all my life till I hit eighteen. Ever since they took me, they trained me heavily in combat, teaching me every move and making me fight everyday. A man... who somehow ended up becoming my friend, was my toughest rivalry. He had an advantage, a very strong arm while I was more skilled in fighting, I didn't stand a chance against his strength. That's when they started experimenting on me, I'd never felt physical, never mind mental, pain like it. I don't know what they did but that's how I ended up having invisibility and enhanced strength and speed. Me and my friend ended up becoming HYDRA's most prized possession, doing missions together, they controlled his mind while I was left with no choice, we both didn't have one. One mission, I got fed up seeing how much blood I'd spilt and how I ruined other peoples life, so I ran, like my father told me to but this time I made it out."

"Wait..." Nat had a sad but puzzled expression on her face.

"What?" I question, anxiously waiting, wondering if she hated me now.

"What was his name?"

"Who's?"

"Your friends?"

"They called him Winter Soldier but I called him Bucky" was my answer and Natasha lets out a gasp.

"Oh my god..." Nat breathes out and has a small smile on her face. She looks so beautiful, even in my worst memory, she's there. That's what she has done to me, every thought, every scenario, I want her there with me. I'm lost as to what she's excited about but any smile on her face is more than enough for me, justifiable or not.