quindici

We had been on the run for two years. Two whole years of low rated hotels and only each others company. Country to country, town to town. It was tiring but necessary.

Despite this, I had a task I needed to do. It was risky but I knew Tony wouldn't turn me in. I had to go back to New York, talk with Tony and find out where my device with all my own history and all I know on HYDRA had gone. This was something that could not fall into the wrong hands.

When I told the team, they were hesitant with it but they all knew when my mind was set on something, I wasn't going to stop till it was done. So on our next movement, with the jet's invisibility button pressed, we flew above New York. The Avengers compound was underneath and I felt a twang of sadness, thinking of the good times we had in the building, as a team. A team that no longer exists.

"Are you sure about this?" Nat barely whispered to me as I tied on the parachute to my back. She wore the black hoodie I gave her after the special night and if it was a way to keep me from going, it was nearly working. I had a white hoodie on with a pair of tight black joggers, my black mask over my mouth.

"Absolutely, it has to be done. As I said, I will meet you in a few weeks time in Ottawa, I know you guys are heading Scotland way if I really need you."

Nat looked really uneasy so I brought her into a tight hug as the back door opened, gushing strong air filling the jet.

"Five seconds, Ombra!" yelled Sam from the pilot seat.

"Good luck" Steve said to me with a nod.

"Behave you two" I say to the Maximoff twins, a quick nod to Vision before turning to Nat again. "I will be back before you know it ,bellissimo, ti amo." I press a strong kiss to her lips before giving a salute and jumping backwards out the jet.

The air pressure is tight on my skin and there's no use having my hood up right now anyway. The view is breath taking and I am oddly calm despite the speed I am descending to the ground. I smirk a little when I see the mark Thor had left on the lawn all them years ago. I missed him and that mighty hammer of his. When I am nearing the ground, I pull my parachute and glide elegantly to the grass.

I put my hood up even though I am turning invisible. Inside the compound, it was technically deserted, the odd facility worker every now and again was the only form of life I could see. Groaning, I head for the technology room and find the tracking system that was set up when I got taken by Ultron. While looking, I notice none of our locations were available. Only Tony, Peter, Rhodey, Clint and Scott were available.

With a quick look, I see Tony is in Central Park and I immediately start making my way there, it wasn't too far from the compound. Oddly, I had missed the nature of New York, it wasn't home but it was I had met most of my new family. I put my hood up and broke into a sprint, running past people at speed probably to fast to stay discreet. 

The park was pretty busy, some people just having picnics in the sun, other's going on runs. Then I saw him, him and Pepper. It was amazing how much more relaxed he looked with her, she was good for him, I hope he was good for her too. They sat down on a bench and I decided to go invisible again, maybe just to scare him a little.

I take the seat next to Tony, Pepper on his left.

"I had a crazy dream, you were pregnant, which was great. Then we named it Morgan after your uncle or whatever he is" Tony exclaimed, doing loads of wild gestures with his hands. Honestly, I had missed his annoying voice.

"Well sorry to disappoint but- Oh my god!" Pepper shouted when I uncovered myself. Tony spun around in panic and nearly smacked me right in the face.