diciassette

"We've gotta turn this ship around" Stephen tries to order but I don't think that is an option and I think Tony is thinking the same thing.

"Yeah. Now he wants to run. Great plan" he replied sarcastically.

Looking annoyed he has to repeat himself, Strange asserts himself in front of Tony, " No, I want to protect the stone."

"And I want you to thank me now. Go ahead, I'm listening."

The Doctor scoffed. "For what? Nearly blasting me into space?"

"Who just saved your magical ass? Me."

"I seriously don't know how you fit your head into that helmet."

I groan and fake hitting my head off the wall. "There is far too much testosterone in this ship. We need back up."

"I'm backup" Peter says with his hand raised for some reason.

"No. You're a stowaway, " he gestures between me and Strange, " the adults are talking."

The Doctor frowns and looks between us all. "I'm sorry, I'm confused as to the relationship here. Wh-- what is he, your ward?"

"No. I'm Peter, by the way" Peter points to himself.

"Dr. Strange" the man points to himself and Peter looks confused.

"Oh, we're using our made-up names. Um... I'm Spider-Man, then."

I let out a laugh and I see Tony give Peter an approving nod for aggravating the Doctor and unintentionally insulting him.

"This ship is self-correcting its course. Thing's on autopilot" says Tony after thinking for a second. I walk forward towards the large glass window and look outside. Space, I was in space. Why was my life never simple?

"Can we control it? Fly us home? Stark?" Stephen asks, Tony lost in a hundred of thoughts.

Tony looks up. "Yeah?"

"Can you get us home?"

This time I interrupt there talk. "Personally, I don't think we should."

"What!?" Strange snaps at me.

I shrug. "He is expecting us on Earth. Plus there will be innocent lives lost, that's guaranteed if we fight him on our turf. If we take the fight to him, he won't be expecting it, letting any plans he had or tactics, useless."

Tony smiles at me and nods. "You know sometimes I think you can read my mind."

"Maybe I can" I smirk and it appears I have given Tony more anxiety.

"Under no circumstance can we bring the Time Stone to Thanos. I don't think you two quite understand what's at stake here" stated the Doctor sternly.

Tony stalks towards the Doctor and prods a finger at him. "No. It's you who doesn't understand, that Thanos has been inside my head for six years since he sent an army to New York and now he's back! And I don't know what to do. So I'm not so sure if it's a better plan to fight him on our turf or his but you saw what they did, what they can do. At least on his turf, he's not expecting it. So I agree with Ombra, we take the fight to him. Doctor. Do you concur?"

Stephen looks uneasy but eventually crumbles. "Alright, you two. We go to him. But you have to understand... if it comes to saving either of you or the kid or the Time Stone... I will not hesitate to let either of you die. I can't, because the fate of the universe depends on it."

"Nice. Good. Moral compass. We're straight." Tony says and I just shrug in agreement. He makes his way over to Peter and taps each side of his shoulders with the edge of his hands, imitating a knighting ceremony. "Alright, kid. You're an Avenger now."