venti quattro

Upon returning back to the compound, I could see that Nat's entire mood and attitude had changed. This small, sprinkle of hope, really meant a lot to her. I quickly got changed into a white hoodie and my black cargos before we headed out again, this time to recruit Bruce. We had seen him do an advertisement on social media for this café not far from here so we all placed out bets that that was where we would find him.

We took separate cars, Scott and Steve in one and me, Nat and the kids in the other. Unfortunately, the kids didn't like being around others apart from Steve and Tony, so we couldn't call for a babysitter.

Pulling into the café, I could already see a large green man and I frowned. He wasn't being violent, or angry, he was... eating eggs? We entered and approached the table where Bruce/ Hulk was sat and Steve cleared his throat.

Bruce snapped his head away from his food and gave us all a massive grin. "Woah! Hey guys, take a seat, take a seat."

We all squashed past him and slid into the booth, Willow perched on my lap since it was a bit of a tight fit.

It was silent for a minute and then we started telling him about our plan/idea and he seemed to just be nodding and eating. Bruce started nudging the plate of eggs towards us. " Come on, I feel like I'm the only one eating.Try some of that. Have some eggs."

"I'm so confused" Scott said with a gaping mouth. I think we all are, Bruce had struggled to contain the Hulk for a while so seeing him sat here, all big and green, talking and speaking like normal Bruce, was beyond confusing.

"These are confusing times" he replied with a serious nod. Scott frowned and shook his head with a small laugh.

"Right. No, no, that's not what I meant."

"No, I get it. I'm kidding! I know. It's crazy. I'm wearing shirts now!"

" Yeah! Wh...How? Why?"

Me and Nat snorted while Steve just looked completely fed up. Elijah was gawking at the Hulk while Willow sat with her hands over her eyes because she thought he was scary.

"Five years ago, we got our asses beaten. Except it was worse for me. Because I lost twice. First, Hulk lost, then Banner lost. Then, we all lost."

"No one blamed you, Bruce" softly spoke Natasha. Bruce sighed and shook his head.

" I did. For years, I've been treating the Hulk like he's some kind of disease, something to get rid of. But then I started looking at him as the cure. Eighteen months in a gamma lab. I put the brains and the brawn together. And now look at me. Best of both worlds..." he gestured to himself and we all slowly nodded in agreement.

Three kids approached Bruce and I could already tell where this was going.

"Excuse me, Mr. Hulk?" the girl asked.

"Yes?"

"Can we get a photo?"

"100%, little person. Come on, step up," Bruce gave the phone to Scott who basically looked offended,"You mind?"

"Oh, yeah" Scott said with a small smile, taking the phone and holding it up.

"Say 'Green!'," Bruce shouts and the kids repeat it as Scott takes the photo, "Did you get that?"

Scott nodded and leaned forward to hand the phone back. "Don't you wanna grab one with me? I'm Ant-Man." The kids looked baffled and the silence was excruciatingly painful. " They're Hulk fans, they don't know Ant-Man. Nobody does."

"Wait, no, no, he feels bad. No, he wants you to...he wants to..." Bruce tries to force one of the kids to take a photo, "You want to take a picture with him, right?"