dodici

Me, Sam and Bucky sat in a small car under an overpass, watching Steve meet with Sharon. Somehow Sam had taxed the front seat and Bucky wasn't happy about it.

"Can you move your chair forward" Bucky said as more of an order than question.

"No" Sam replied, watching Sharon hand their gear to Steve.

Steve then found a weird way of thanking her by kissing her. I accidentally laughed but it looked like Sam and Bucky weren't far off from doing it themselves. Somewhere deep inside it made me miss Nat, a feeling I had been trying to hide, to not let it jeopardise our mission. We needed to get to these other soldiers before it was to late, if that meant fighting Nat, so be it. This was probably the longest I had been without her for ages and it felt like a part of me was missing in the most cliché way.

Sharon got back in her car and Steve turned to us and we all gave him a thumbs up which made him role his eyes. He got in the car and it was silent for a while as he drove towards Leipzig airport where we were to meet the others.

"So... how was it" I ask eventually and Steve sighs, thinking he had avoided this topic.

"Past it's due date but... I didn't feel anything that I should of."

This made me raise my eyebrows in surprise and I was about to ask why but Bucky nudged me and gave me a warning look.

"Какие? (What?) " I ask in Russian so the others won't know what we are talking about.

"У него был любовник до того, как он пошел на лед (He had a lover before he went in the ice)" Bucky answered and my mouth opened and then shut. I couldn't imagine how hard that must be for Steve, for their time to be cut short and then for him to wake up and her be older, having lived her life without him. Maybe it's because of how lonely I have been, but I don't think I could ever carry on living without Nat. We are born to die in the end and I have always been ready and accepting of it but now I have Natasha, I want to live for eternity with her. So divulged n my own thoughts, I didn't even realise we had arrived at our destination.

Parked next to a grey van in a parking garage was our battered old car. We all got out just as someone I hadn't seen for ages got out of the van.

"Clint!" my voice exclaims in delight. He opens his arms with a smile on his face and enwraps me in a tight hug. Behind him, Wanda shyly gets out and I push Clint aside so I can greet her.

"You okay?" I whisper in her hair. I feel her nod and Pietro stands leaning against the van with his arms crossed.

"Princessa, where is my hug?"

I roll my eyes and just give him the finger.

"Cap" Clint greets Steve.

"You know I wouldn't of called if I had any other choice."

"Hey man, you're doing me a favour. Besides, I owe a debt."

"Thanks for having my back" he said sincerely. I walked over to Bucky and held his hand, seeing as he gets anxious meeting new people. He looks down at our interlocked hands and then gives me a weak smile in gratitude.

"It was time we got off our ass" Wanda said nodding to her brother.

"How about the other recruit?" questioned Steve.

"Oh, he's raring to go. Had to put a little coffee in him, but... he should be good" Clint replied, opining the slide doors of the van to reveal a man lying down. He quickly shot up when he heard the door opened and groggily rubbed his eyes.

"What time zone is this?" he asked.

"Come on, get up" Clint dragged him out so he stumbled in front of Steve. He grabs his hand and shakes it... for ages.