ventisei

The majority of us were sat around the table, eating away on the Chinese food Tony had ordered in. It was mostly silent, everyone taking in the importance and risk we were all about to take. Natasha was catching up with Clint, a small smile on her face every now and again.

Rocket jumped p on the table and started pacing back and forth. I was still trying to get my head around how a raccoon can talk. "Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag."

"Is that a person?" Scott asked, leaning forward to put a spoonful of rice in his mouth.

"Morag's a planet. Quill was a person."

"A planet? Like in outer space?" his mouth fell open a bit, a few grains of rice falling with it.

"Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything," Rocket started imitating talking to a baby, "Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll get you to space."

I snort and Nat playfully hits my back to tell me off. Putting my rubbish in the bin, Nat and Scott follow me to the planning room where Bruce, Tony and Nebula are sat. Natasha decided to pull out a notepad and pen to jot down notes from whatever is discussed. I smile at how innocent the action is but its certainly not a innocent plan.

"Thanos found the Soul Stone on Vormir" Nebula informs us.

"What is Vormir?" Nat questions, looking up from the pad.

"A dominion of death, at the very centre of Celestial existence. It's where... Thanos murdered my sister."

A silence comes around the room and I take a deep breath. We hadn't even done anything yet and all I wanted was for this to be over so I could curl up into bed with Nat.

"Not it" Scott decides to say and I roll my eyes, already knowing he wouldn't be able to handle it. We end up staying in the room for ages, lying and sitting in all sorts of position. Currently, my head lay on Tony's stomach and Nat had her head on top of my thighs, Bruce and Scott sprawled on the floor.

"That Time Stone guy..." Nat's voice sounds loud due to the long period of silence.

"Doctor Strange" I clarify for her.

"Yeah, what kind of doctor was he?"

Tony answers, "Ear-nose-throat meets rabbit from a hat."

"Nice place in the village, though" pipes in Bruce, almost dazed.

"Yeah. Sullivan Street."

"It was Bleecker, wasn't it?" I say with a frown.

"Wait, he lived in New York?" Natasha says quickly, sitting up.

" No. He lived in Toronto. Were you even paying attention?" Tony remarks and I elbow his stomach, making him groan.

"Guys, if you pick the right year, there are three stones in New York."

This time Tony decides to urgently sit up and sends me flying off the table. "Merda..."

"Shut the front door!" Bruce says, getting up from the floor and I cannot believe that sentence just came from a green giant.

Nat runs out and gets everyone to come to the planning room, all of us now dressed in the suits designed to help us get through the Quantum Realm. As usual, we all circle around Steve, waiting for instructions. The teams and missions had been decided and originally I had been put with Steve and Tony but I refused to be separated from Nat in such a dangerous mission as this.

So, me, Nat and Clint were heading to Vormir while Steve, Tony and Scott went to New York.

"All right. We have a plan. Six Stones, three teams. One shot."