trentuno

It took two months for me to finally wake. Two months of listening to Nat's husky voice, some days it was steady other days it was shaky to the point where she just stopped talking. I had other visitors too, Bucky and Tony were frequent but never at the same time. Natasha must of brought Elijah and Willow along sometimes as well. It was so difficult, hearing Nat's pleading for me to respond to her, but no matter how much I wanted too, I couldn't.

Fortunately, when I did open my eyes, she was there next to me. Groaning, my eyes flickered and I turned my head to the side, seeing Nat's body slouched in a chair, head drooped to the side as she slept. The door opened and Tony came in, dropping the coffee he was carrying when he was me awake.

"Shit!"

"Language" I muttered, throat so so dry. He apologised to the doctors walking behind about the spillage and he hurried to my side. Tony looked to Nat and was about to wake her. "No... don't."

Tony frowned but nodded and grabbed the cup of water on the table, pouring a little down my throat. After getting rid of the dry feeling, I looked down at myself, noticing straight away the missing left arm.

"Yeah... don't worry, Shuri and King T'Challa are already in the process of making you an arm. Don't know how it will differentiate from Bucky's...."

I nodded, neck stiff and gave Tony a small smile. "How has she been?"

He knew straight away who I was talking about. "Not... not great. She keeps telling everyone she's fine and refusing help from anybody. Me and Pep have been looking after Willow and Elijah, she occasionally comes by but mostly... mostly she's been here."

Gulping, I looked at her, properly this time. Nat had dark bags under her eyes as well as puffiness. Her complexion looked pale with a slight pink tinge to her cheeks, obviously she hasn't been looking after herself properly. She was wearing a black hoodie and leggings, her hair messy in a pony.

"Pepper has been taking most control of the orphanage you guys were running. Most kids have been reunited, but no one has come for Willow and Elijah."

I frown but in the main, I don't think I could let them go now anyway. A doctor came in the room and started running tests on me, checking vision and movement. My body ached with every move but he said that I will be back on my feet in no longer than a week. Natasha started to flicker awake after the door closed and I could of slapped the doctor for waking her up. It took her a few seconds to adjust her vison but when she saw me staring at her, her eyes started to well up with tears and she scrambled forward, wrapping her arms around my neck. Tony smiled and excused himself from the room which I was grateful for.

"Hello, mi amore" I whisper next to her ear as she held on to me. She seemed to sob harder at my words and pulled away. Pulling her chair closer, she took a seat and grabbed my right hand.

"How long have you been awake?"

"About half an hour."

"You didn't think to wake me?" she raises her eyebrows.

"No, you look like you needed it" I responded coolly.

Natasha rolled her eyes and silently observed me while stroking her thumb over my hand. The silence was comfortable, I knew we both needed a few minutes to adjust. It was her who finally spoke.

"Don't ever do that again."

I snort, my first laugh for a while. "Trust me, bellissima, I don't plan on it. It was a necessary means to an end."

"Well, I think we should both retire" Nat says sternly, no flicker of joking.

My eyebrows raise and I nod slowly. "Okay... I can do that, I think I can anyway, I've never spent longer than two months out the game."

"I think the majority of others are planning on retiring anyway, especially Steve and Bucky. Last time I spoke to him was about a week ago, him and Bucky are going travelling together."

"Good for them, they deserve a break."

"Yeah... so do we."

/*/

I was in hospital for another two days before they released me. On the last day, Shuri and King T'Challa gave me my biotic arm. It was matte black, which is the exact colour and shade I would of went for if I had a choice anyway. After thanking them profusely, Nat finally driven us home but it was a new one. At first she didn't say anything, just drove but then I realised we were going in opposite direction to the compound.

"Where are we going?"

She smirked at me then looked back at the road. "Well, since Tony also now has attachment issues, he has had a home built for us about a 10 minute drive away from his."

The house wasn't large but certainly wasn't small. It was a chestnut brown colour blending in with all the tree's surrounding it. Inside was an open kitchen and sitting room, a bathroom in the corner. Then there was stairs down to a basement. In the basement was mine and Nat's room, a room each for the kids as well as another sitting room as well as a larger room which had a bar, sofa's, TV's and a table tennis table.

"Did Tony build this for us or himself?" I joke as we settle ourselves in. Tony and Pepper were coming around later with the kids as they said they were too invested in a game of monopoly right now. It felt like home, most places did when Nat was around.

I sat on the sofa in the sitting room upstairs and Nat placed herself basically on me, her back leaning heavily on my chest.

"How's the arm?" she asks, sounding tired.

"Good, feels weird but... powerful. I know it may come in handy for other things also" I smirk, feeling Nat stiffen at my rude remark. She turns around with an appalled but playful look on her face.

"Eve! You haven't even been awake for a week and you're already thinking about sex!"

I twist my head with a grin. "Eve, huh?"

She blushes a bit. "Sorry, it just slipped out, if you don't like it I won't-"

"Natasha, " I interrupt, placing my finger on her lips my metal arm gripping her waist, " I love it. Also, don't judge me, it's been far too long."

Nat nods and places a slow soft kiss on my lip, making me grip her waist tighter but the door flings open and Tony, Pepper and the kids come in. I groan and pull away from Nat, giving Tony a glare.

"You have your own key!?"

He shrugs. "Of course I do, you have a bar and table tennis."

Pepper roles her eyes, sending us apologetic smiles. "Sorry you two, I tried to talk him out of it."

There wasn't time to answer as two small bodies came hurtling towards us, jumping on top of me, basically pushing Nat off me. I smile and wrap my arms around Elijah and Willow, lightly tickling them both and hearing their giggles was one of the best sounds in the world. As I look up, Morgan joins in and soon, everyone does and as the hug gets tighter, so does my heart.

My family.

HI

SO IT'S SHORT BUT HAPPY ENDING

THIS IS THE END OF THIS BOOK AS I HAVE NO MORE IDEAS OR ENERGY FOR IT

IT'S BEEN A WILD AND LONG RIDE

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR READING AND ALL THE VOTES

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED!

I HAVE SOME IDEAS FOR OTHER BOOKS;

A TONY AND PETER BOOK, TECHNICALLY AN AU

A BOOK WITH LOKI AS THE LOVE INTEREST

OR A BOOK WHERE THOR AND LOKI ARE SIBLINGS WITH THE MC, THE LOVE INTEREST WILL BE UNKNOWN AND WILL DEVELOP THROUGHOUT THE STORY

LET ME KNOW IF YOU GUYS WANT ANY OF THEM!

THANKS AGAIN ;)