sedici

"So the Avengers don't exist anymore?" Bruce asked, trying to summarise all that had happened. It took a few minutes to cover everything but as expected he had questions that would have to wait for another time.

"Basically, yeah" I said.

"Right... well I think we need to tell Steve, get Vision some place safe because he is going to be targeted."

"I have a COMS earpiece I can use to contact Nat but-"

There was a strong gail of wind, I don't know if my senses were just heightened off all my training but this felt different to normal weather. It looked like Tony felt it too.

"Say, Doc, you wouldn't happen to be moving your hair, would you?" he said, almost in hope that he was.

Stephen looked up at his hair that was moving. "Not at the moment, no."

I frown and move towards the whole in the ceiling that the Hulk had made when he crashed. There was debris flying everywhere, the faint nose of screaming and screeching of car wheels could be heard. Tony joined me as we made our way to the door, opening it slowly to be met with the chaos that was erupting outside. Cars had crashed into one another and people were all running in the same direction, away from one another. I whipped out the knife I had in my pocket and walked down the street, in the opposite direction to the people running.

There was a car coming in our direction and Tony didn't see it so I yanked him to me by his arm, just as the car crashed into the lamppost.

"Jeez, thank you. Help him, Wong, Doc!"

"Go, go, I've got it" instructed Bruce and the four of us ran around the corner just in time to see the biggest circular ship I have ever seen, hovering to land over Bleecker Street.

My mouth gapes open and suddenly I feel completely useless standing here with a knife. Tony also look horrified and the two sorcerers seem to be thinking of a plan.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., evac anyone south of 43rd Street, notify first responders" Tony spoke to the AI system of his high tech sunglasses.

"You really need to make me one of those" I say.

"If we survive this, that will be the first thing I do" he replies with a wink.

Doctor Strange does some weird hand gestures and sends a powerful gust of wind towards the ship which stops it from hitting anything else. He dusts himself off and sends a cheeky wink to Tony and I let out a small chuckle although this is definitely not the time for it.

Suddenly, two alien like creatures appear from a light beam from the ship, one tall and skinny, the other with a more hulk shaped figure.

" Hear me, and rejoice...You are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos.Be thankful, that your meaningless lives are now contributing to the balance of-" the skinny alien started but Tony cut it off.

"I'm sorry, Earth is closed today! You better pack it up and get outta here."

The alien does a disgusted smile and turns to Strange. "Stonekeeper  Does this chattering animal speak for you?"

"Certainly not. I speak for myself. But youre trespassing in this city and on this planet." he replied, preparing orange circles which look like shields in a way.

"It means get lost, Squidward!" Tony shouts and snort again. I really need to get a control on my humour.

"He exhausts me. Bring me the Stone" the alien says to the larger, beefier one. It starts to come towards us, dragging its huge sword along the road, we all turn to Bruce as the Hulk would easily match him.