otto

I glance around the town in Lagos, keeping eye for the target man. The sun is beginning to set but the heat is still strong, making me feel uncomfortable in my cloak.

"All right, what do you see?" Steve's voice comes through the radio.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target" Wanda replies and I look down the street from my view on top of a nearby rooftop. Wanda and Pietro are sat together at café outside, pretending to be normal citizens. Two tables away from them is my gorgeous red haired girlfriend, also pretending to be a normal citizen.

Steve's voice comes through again. "There's an ATM in the south corner, which means..."

"Cameras" Pietro chipped in.

"Both streets are one way."

"So, compromised escape routes" I speak, still focusing on the streets, keeping my eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being see, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

"The red one?" Pietro questions.

"It's cute " Wanda adds.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us" chimed in Natasha.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?"

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become your second nature."

"Anybody tell you you're a little paranoid?" Came Sam's voice.

"Not all of us have little birdies patrolling around us Birdman" I joked but I truly meant it.

"Zip it gloomy" he retorts.

"Hey don't talk like that to my princessa" Pietro says and I can tell he has the smuggest smirk on his face. "OW!"

"What?"

"Your lover just flicked her spoon at me!"

"She's only one persons princess and that's mine so watch it Bleach boy" Nat replied.

"Alright guys, eyes on the target," Steve said exasperatedly, " This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him."

"If he see's us coming, that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us" inputted Sam.

As he says that, I have my eye on a garbage truck that seems to be driving particularly reckless, no care for its own or anyone else's safety.

"Cap, I have an eye on a suspicious vehicle. Sam, can you get one of your birdie friends to tag that garbage truck?

"I will get you to like Redwing Ombra. The truck is loaded for max weight and the driver is armed."

There's scarping of a chair and Nat's voice comes through. "It's a battering ram."

"Go now."

"What?" Wanda and Pietro say at the same time.

"He isn't hitting the police."

I had already set off, jumping across rooftops like it was nothing, no matter the gap. Formulating a route to the destination was easy as a few buildings away a large flame erupted into the air. Turns out the truck was targeting an institute for infectious disease which tells me immediately that whatever Rumlow is planning, it wasn't going to end well.

Reaching the last building, I start a fast descend and hit the ground just as Steve comes ruching onto the site. He immediately goes into attack mode on the soldiers and I join him, using my fists only. In no time, the guards outside are down and we see Sam fly onto the rooftop and takedown two more. Wanda arrives and uses her powers to block the fire and controls one of the soldiers in the air.