• midnight chat •

You couldn't believe at how fast Tooru responded after you sent him your friend request minutes later. You were even more surprised that he is awake at this late hour of the night trying to make a subtle conversation with you which is something you weren't mentally prepare for. Excessive thoughts piled up in your head that you were unable to think clearly, unaware of your thumb tracing over the notification and confirming the request.

He follows you now, meaning you two are social media friends - as they say.

Now, your eyes fled on the message notification at the top right corner of your screen and your thumb swiped to disclose the chat where you see his username was typed in bold letters, signifying that his message is unread. You eagerly opened it as a waving hand emoji appeared on his side of the chat, and you immediately accepted it.

A keen smile approached on your lips, rolling on your back with your phone in your two hands, raising it inches from your sniding face and quickly reply back to him.

_sweetnothings_
"Someone is awake at this hour."

You kept your screen on to watch the chat. A minute strolled by to see his text bubble floated at the bottom of the page, and eventually your phone buzzed in your hand again.

He replied.

king_oikawa.t
"I can say the same for you"
"Are you about to sleep?"

You quickly replied in saying 'no' to him despite your usual bed remedy earlier, but you kept that to yourself. Now you have, in your definition, a valid reason to stay up more than needed. You questioned him why he was asking.

king_oikawa.t
"Just checking to see if you received my support system"

Then he threw a face with a tongue hanging out. He probably meant the large amount of followers you received that could possibly be from his fan base. You acknowledged that thought and assured him that his followers did their work as you typed back.

_sweetnothings_
"I was wondering where the spam was coming from."
"Thank you for that! You didn't need to go that far."

king_oikawa.t
"It's alright, I wanted to do it!"
"They were too good, the world needed to know."

One thing you noticed from him, Tooru just knew how to say the right things to you and you were drinking it all in. He's a talkative one, spoiling you with compliments. If you were to guess his giving-love language, it would be affirmation.

Interesting.

_sweetnothings_
"Haha Is there a way I can repay you?"