• new mommy •

Everybody stared the moment she entered through the school. Hand in hand with the child beside her, Tetsu wasn't used to eyes aiming in his direction which made him cower behind Rina even more. His innocent mind thought they were amazed by how beautiful the woman is but little did he know, they were just speculating.

It was apparent that Tooru and Rina are his parents. No question about it.

"Do they always stare at you like this?" Her eyes darted sideways to the brunette who walked beside her, whispering to keep it out of Tetsu's ear range.

Tooru chuckled nervously to himself and remembered the first day when he enrolled his son into this school. His reputation for being in the Argentinian league in 2021's Olympics blew up in Japan. Not only is he well-known but he is a handsome fellow too. People either adored him or disapproved him for playing internationally, but they respect him as a human being.

But this is a different kind of stare for Rina. It wasn't acknowledging at all. He can hear the questionnaires and assumptions by how everyone is examining them.

"It's Tetsu!" Aomine's voice chimed just by a mere glance at the little boy approaching the building. His mother beside him flew her dark eyes at them but they immediately landed on Rina.

Kiyoko blinked at the unfamiliar sight. Instead of you, there was another woman holding onto Tetsu's hand. Just like everybody else, she gave a questionable stare.

"Is this your friend, Tetsu?" Rina asked. The pure happiness on Aomine's expression shown how strong their friendship is, even Tetsu's had a similar face.

He nodded, "He's my best friend! We play Tamagotchi together."

"Oh, who is she, Tetsu?" the other boy aimed his wondering eyes back at the woman, suddenly having a mimicking thought as Kiyoko's.

"I'm his-," but Rina stopped herself after realizing where she is.

Tooru cleared his throat who also gave her a warning look with crossed arms, but it didn't fool Kiyoko. She knew right away who she was by observing her and Tetsu's physical features. Only an idiot could not detect it.

"I'm just a family friend," she introduced finally, sounding a bit defeated yet relieved at the same time.

A pause slithered its way in the conversation until Aomine pointed at her bluntly. "You look like his mom!" he blurted happily, not knowing what he just announced in that moment and to the whole world.

"'Mine," Kiyoko hissed at his son who gave a pondering look at her and shrugged shoulders.

Most of all, Tooru anticipated Tetsu's reaction to that opinion with cold feet and a sweating brow. But the little brunette child blinked at her as if he was confused at Aomine's statement, tilting his head so his brown curls shift pass his eyes.