• two mommies •

Being in his home, walking in like it's your space was an infamous feeling. The comfort was extreme, not like it was any different from before but the idea that Tooru allowed you to come and go as you please built an undeniable, significant trust between you two. Now you don't ever have to wait for him to open his doors to you because you already have access.

You heard the front door open from the entrance of Tooru's apartment while you were in kitchen with hands being occupied by a chef knife and half slice of cherry tomato over a brown cutting board.

A smile appeased on your face when looking at the two perfect men in your life. But when they strode in, your smile didn't upheld its shape when you noticed that the two have stressful expressions. The first person you saw it from was Tetsu.

Slumped shoulders and a miniature pout, he sent you a curious look and immediately his eyes aimed down at the ground.

"Ah, we're home," he muttered softly with a twinge of guilt without looking at you.

However, you found this strange, considering that he's not sending you his usual beaming grin and greeting you with a tiny bear hug. This is the exact opposite from his routine.

"Welcome home," you greeted gently and you noticed that Tooru have a similar expression.

It brought a sea of questions to you, becoming aware of the two as Tetsu ran off to change out of his school clothes to his home pajamas as if he was being chased. However, Tooru remained in the kitchen with you and slid off his coat from his shoulders and hung it lazily at the corner of the dining chair.

Your hands paused at cutting the rest of the vegetables and patted your hands dry on a clean rag towel.

"What's going on? You seem kind of... out of it," you brought attention to the obvious expression he's making and he didn't look surprised at all, like he wanted you to notice his crestfallen expression.

"I," he didn't finish. His eyes read hesitance when he met yours - unable to speak truthfully about his whereabouts, but he's more worried about your reaction. Another good day is about to be ruined and he doesn't want to ignite an old flame you've been trying to put out. Then the brunette sighed and closed his eyes, knowing if he doesn't, his guilt will bite back at him, "I saw Rina."

The name itself gave a massive toll on you. Just by hearing it made you glare at the ground than the context as to why he saw her. But little did you know, you were in for a treat.

Your eyes wondered back where the direction Tetsu went for safety and there was no sign of him coming out of his room any time soon.

You continued with a low voice, hoping that it was quiet enough for only Tooru to hear. "Where?"

"She was at Tetsu's school. She... She just wanted to talk," Tooru carefully explained, knowing the last time you and he had a similar conversation a while back didn't leave a good impression on him.