• love •

The last few seconds felt like hours before you can make an answer to the crying boy in your arms. You, on the other hand, were so still and silent that his cries were no longer reachable to your ears. Instead, his last words were the only thing you can hear - that you are his mommy and you are here.

He must've been waiting for somebody to be his mom, waiting for you to accept him.

As much as you wanted to respond, you couldn't because the tears started to swell in your eyes while you slowly dragged your arms around Tetsu's small body and embrace him with security.

"I'm here, Tetsu."

The words came flying out of your mouth without your knowledge. Your voice trembled at yourself for saying such a statement that you never thought you would hear yourself say. At least, not until the next decade of your life.

"Mommy's here."

Tooru couldn't believe it. The joy spilling out of you two's expression was indescribable that he can't put into words. Only emotions can draw out the moment of feeling like a family, a complete set.

He waited for this moment after years of hard parenting - the one that Tetsu is comfortable enough to call mom and for Tooru to call a lover. It is here and now.

When he approached and crouched on the floor, his arms circled the two of you in a crying mess, soothing the both of you with a simple rub over the shoulder. Even as a father, he wanted to play the strong man for you two. But once he detected the sadness, relief, and exuberance your shaking bodies, he couldn't contain himself much longer as he, too, made a stirred and wrinkled face.

"I told you she'll be here," came a whisper from his lips.

Looking back at the memory, although he assured Tetsu about the next person to take on the role of his mother, he thought how hilarious it is to think that, regardless of his unsurety, it felt like fate. You appeared in their lives at the right moment, at the right time.

>>>

That night, you decided to come home with the Oikawas to their penthouse after a long birthday celebration. Offering them to stay at your place isn't a wise choice since you don't own a pullout couch for Tooru, and all you have is a mere loveseat sofa. You would feel bad for him to sleep there the whole night and you know for a fact that it isn't the comfiest.

Tetsu is nearly asleep once he entered his room with the help of his dad, putting him in his bed when exhaustion finally hit him. White stars projected from his spinning ball of light on his black night stand, painting his blue room like a starry galaxy.

Suddenly his droopy eyes shot open once he felt the familiarity of his down blanket, scanning his wishing eyes around the room and you were no where close by his side to tuck him in. He found you by the doorway as his hand reached for you to come near him almost out of desperation.