• a good kid •

That day when you first dropped off Tetsu at his aunt's place, you immediately went to the nearest store to buy all the product you need to assemble a four year old's ideal lunch. A handful of molds and different styled bentos was all you could purchase and you've done your research on what to make for each day.

It's been a few days since you started preparing Tetsu's lunch and you underestimate how much effort is needed to put together a simple bento. You've seen anime and TV shows, especially in romance ones, that they decorate their bento lunch with cute seaweed art on rice balls and octopus sausages.

Waking up early was one so he could have it fresh, and then delivering to him that morning before he goes to school. You have to admit, they were sloppy at first but each consecutive day they were starting to look more appealing. To Tetsu, he was just happy that you made him lunch overall and it didn't matter that it looked presentable or not - more amazed that you went above and beyond to satisfy his impression.

He never fails to congratulate you on your food every time you picked him up from school, and each day he makes a small request for his next lunch to which you also had to live up to, because seeing his beaming expression is always worth it to see. Even Tooru's sister happily invites you to eat dinner for doing such a task for him.

While you walked down the street to Tetsu's school, you began to wonder if he really liked the cheeseburger you made, the star-shaped carrots, or the spaceship rice ball you worked so hard on this morning. It is the last lunch you made before Tooru returns home from Miyagi so you made it extremely adorable for Tetsu to feast his eyes on.

Did Tooru knew that you were making lunch for his son? Perhaps, but you weren't going to announce your genuine act to him since it is merely for Tetsu and you only did it for Tetsu.

Arriving at your destination, your eyes searched for the boy behind the playground in a sea of children flocking around. There was very few of them today and you assumed their parents came to pick them up early, but somehow you still couldn't find Tetsu in the nearly vacant lot.

"Tetsu! I'm here," you called, hoping to see a head of brown hair sprout from the sandbox but unfortunately, no response.

Concern flickered upon your face, not yet worried until you searched the whole ground for him. Walking around the corner of the building, you began to hear a few faint voices from a far.

"Stop it!" It sounded like Tetsu and you instantly marched to the direction his voice is.

"What, are you going to cry to your mommy now?" Another voice followed, a bit louder when you walked to the scene and you felt a slight panic.

Just when you reached the other side of the wall, your head peeked and found three boys and one of them was the small Oikawa dropping onto the floor.