• child's mind •

A/N:While I was trying to write this chapter, I had a mini break and did a quick fanart/family portrait

A/N:
While I was trying to write this chapter, I had a mini break and did a quick fanart/family portrait. Reader-Chan(aka y/n) is supposed to be anonymous so I drew myself hehe, literally drew it and finished it nearly 4 in the morning. If it was digital, it would look a lot cleaner but I'm hella lazy to deal with technology.
Hope y'all appreciate it!

Words couldn't describe what Tetsu could be feeling at the moment when his dad told him the unfamiliar news. His young face drew a blank while gazing at Tooru, awaiting for more detail to blow out but all he heard was silence.

So the little boy trembled his sentence unsurely. "What do you mean, Daddy?"

His voice sounded normal, thank goodness. You thought he was going to throw a tantrum the minute he opened his mouth but you don't want to jinx your luck just yet, because he might just do that.

All the nerves are collecting within Tooru's palms, carefully trying to pick his words before bombarding them on his innocent son. It was like he was stepping over a mine and Tetsu could blow up any minute if he isn't wary.

"I have to play volleyball for work. The coach called me to come play," he simply explained for the kid to understand.

Tetsu blinked. "Why?"

"Because," he couldn't find the words, but eventually answered quickly, "they don't have someone to teach them."

The small boy peered down at his feet with stilled eyes, registering his father's words slowly like he was trying to understand them. Then his face glanced up at him again with determination.

"But Daddy will spend time with me, yes?" his eyes were hopeful, desiring for Tooru to make promises he couldn't keep and that was his worst fear. All he had to do is be honest with him.

"I don't know, Tetsu. I will be gone for a week so I won't see you until then." Then that's when you witnessed the shock in the toddler's expression, the look you and Tooru were afraid to see.