• sugar daddy •

"Bitch, how are you not married yet?"

Naomi stared at your lovestruck state with hands cradling underneath your jaw after minutes of explaining to her of your long week with the Oikawas. Adjusting yourself to take Tetsu to school, work, make lunch boxes and dinner, and repeat is indeed exhausting. You've been more busy than you ever was before establishing your role for them, but the end of each day has shown how worth it is. A happier Tooru and Tetsu is the result.

She finally caught up since your last encounter with her, and the last thing she heard was your fight with the Olympic winner. Seeing you in a dreamlike state made her come up with other ideas on what your life might have in store for you.

"I know I said I want to be your Maid of Honor, but I don't mind you guys getting eloped either," Naomi told you eagerly and shrugged at your disbelief expression. "What? Do you blame a girl for wanting her best friend to be off the market?"

"As much as I am flattered to hear it, do not give me ideas or else I'm going to end up doing that," you sent a warning glare but also laughed at the absurd dare. Trailing back to your previous memories of Tooru's attempts in making you breakfast every morning and reward you with kisses, it was obvious that he took your damn heart and soul.

"Naomi, you have no idea that he's just so... fucking amazing."

Naomi took a sip of her iced water by your swooning face, amused of seeing her best friend being so head over heels for somebody. It was about time for to settle. "Well, you two act like a married couple already. Not many men are at their stage yet!"

You cocked your brow at her, getting the hint of envy in her tone when spoke that last part. "Is Ushijima not like that?"

"I wouldn't say he's not like that. He's not in that head space like Oikawa is. Right now, he's focused on his career," she corrected but blew a relieved sigh. "It makes sense. Your Daddykawa just want nothing but seriousness since he already has a kid."

"Well, there's nothing wrong about wanting to put your career first. He is in Japan's National Team." She nodded at your explanation which made her feel more at ease with herself. You didn't want to make this as a competition for her and plus you want to give Ushijima more credit, seeing that he's not used to dating someone who's energetic and spontaneous like her.

"By the way, thanks for inviting me out! You usually don't go shopping," Naomi pointed out while peering a single large paper bag and miniature one sitting next to each other on a chair beside you.

A nervous breath escaped from your lips once she became observant and gave you a knowing smirk. "Y-Yeah... We're going on a date. Our first date."

"How cute~... A bit late, but cute," she added jokingly, and gawked at your glowing face at the mention of your planned, or not so planned night.