• child's regret •

If you were to describe the new profound group, it would be chaotic but in an odd and entertaining way.

Seeing the reaction of the Oikawa boy around them, you were pretty surprised yourself how quickly he's adjusted around them in the short amount of time. With the help of his friend, Aomine, and yours, Koshi, it simply opened up a new characteristic in Tetsu that he never discovered before.

He's starting to become outgoing.

Speaking of which, your conversations with your childhood friend were pleasant which is the most surprising to you. It was like you two never grown apart. Of course, what do you expect after ten years besides relinquishing the past? He's a completely new person, taller and more mature. His sweet nurturing personality is channeled in his teaching career with children which it explains why he's so good with Tetsu and his mannerisms, you were awestruck.

No matter how much he changed, he's still the same boy you once knew in middle school.

When you sat down with him on the wooden bench, you watched Tetsu from a far playing with Daichi and Aomine over at the game table while the Tanaka parents went on an errand to buy hot tea for everybody.

"So," Koshi started with a lingering thought and you brought your eyes over to him tracing the seaweed on his riceball with his index finger. The way he looked down and somewhat nervous made the air seem tensed, "is Tetsu yours?"

Then you quickly stopped sipping from your banana milk carton at the abrupt question. It didn't fright you but you were so close to saying 'yes' that he is, and you stopped yourself before declaring such ownership on the boy.

"Ah, no, he's not." Sadly, you wanted to add. The thought of it made you a bit glum - if only he is yours. You wish he is yours.

The weight on his shoulders lifted when he heard your answer and, without your knowledge, sneaked a small smile on his face, relieved. "I see. He's a cute kid, kinda looks like his dad."

Your brow arched at his words. "Do you know him?"

"Personally, no, but our high school volleyball teams went up against each other for Nationals. He's a mean player but he's honestly one of the best setters we ever faced."

Then they came flooding in. The memory of Karasuno's league games brought nostalgia to him as Koshi remembered the brunette in his young years serving the nastiest serves across the court - one of the most threatening and memorable characters they ever challenged before their last year of high school.

Amazed, you can imagine what a small world that is - a world you wished to see, Tooru's world. A pretty head captain leading a group of boys, girls screaming from the stands, the crowd's excessive shouting when he scores a point - it made you more curious to see a high school version of himself.