• meant to be •

Your unwavering turmoil was hard to shake off since Tooru brought you out of the situation by leading you to a different part of the beach - a more secluded spot at the foot of a cliff where nobody can eavesdrop into your serious conversation. You settled underneath a tree where there was little shade to shelter from the beaming sun. The subtle wind from a higher level gives it a nice breeze and cooling effect from the hot sun.

Once you sat comfortably with Tooru on the white sand, surrounded by pillars of rock, your eyes were fixated at the ocean view ahead of you as the sun began to set over the horizon. His arm propped over his tucked knees while he peered at you with concern.

"Are you okay?" He started, knowing where the conversation is about to take place by the looks of it.

Tilting your head down, you avoided seeing his gentle eyes trying to magnify you. "I'm sorry, Tooru... I know I keep bringing it up, but I can't help it."

"Tell me," he said gently, welcoming you to announce your thoughts easily. "I'm listening."

Your hands planted your face by the mere image of Tetsu's expressions throughout the day. His distant eyes kept wondering away from you to look at somebody else, his quiet demeanor when he's deep in thought, and the sound of disapproval in his voice didn't make you feel confident in your role as a mother. Instead, it made you question your ability.

"I think there's something going on with Tetsu," you admitted shyly and Tooru blinked his brown eyes in skepticism. "I feel like he's distancing himself. It sounds ridiculous to say but I don't feel so connected with him."

Ever since that night when you informed him about Rina being his mother, he seemed to be different. It wasn't obvious at first when the news was brought to him, but he is slowly registering the fact and acknowledging it. Perhaps, there is a slight chance that Tetsu grew to like her even more, or he's starting to detach himself from you.

"I never seen him like that before," you muttered as your knees are pulled to your chest, burying your face in between them. "I never thought he would be disobedient towards me."

Tooru remained silent while side glancing at you until he gave a brief sigh - not out of annoyance but out of admission, looking like he wanted to share his own intuition.

"Truthfully," he started. "I feel the same way too."

When you looked up from your ashamed position, you watched Tooru rake through his brown hair with his fingers and stare off into the distance. His face stirred in confusion yet there was a slight disappointment in his eyes as the sun reflects the color in them.

"I thought I knew my own son, but these past events made me see how much he's developing - maybe even changing," he glowered softly and then aimed his eyes down at the waves beneath him. "With Rina being in the picture, I can't help but notice how Tetsu is affected by her."