• sacrifice •

Long chapter! Enjoy

Long chapter! Enjoy.

Not once have you been in the position to choose whether if it's for someone else's well-being or yours, and Tooru's question only made it that much harder for you.

You can tell that he is fearful, slightly frustrated, and confused - anticipating for your answer. Until finally, you bravely stood your ground and eyed him.

"I need space," you muttered as you rubbed your arm nervously and looked at another direction. His face became unreadable after you avoided eye contact with him. "Until we're both in the right mindset to decide what's good for us or not."

Tooru couldn't argue, more like he was awestruck by your suggestion and then he watched you strode back to the elevators and tapped on the button. The elevator ascended. As soon as the doors opened, you trudged through them and turned around to face the tall man which you soon to regret.

The last expression you saw from him looked crestfallen and absolute frozen. The moment was short yet long like time have stopped before the doors enclosed as it cut the string of eye contact between you two. At last, you were alone with your thoughts processing the whole mishap that took a whole turn, leaving you devastated.

Tooru stood a moment longer. It didn't feel real that you were gone before him. Standing there felt like hours until he realized he had to go back and attend to Tetsu who must be swimming with questions.

He returned as quickly as he could, sauntering through the door with deadpanned eyes and a distinctive frown. He looked over at his son after shutting the front door and noticed that he left Tetsu where he last saw him.

It was easy for the little boy to see his father's distraught expression but he was more curious about where you have gone to.

"Where did Mommy go?"

Should he tell him the truth? But the truth is; there isn't an answer to give. Perhaps, he doesn't need to know about the matter.

So he sighed.

"She's going to be gone for awhile," he stated normally, uplifting a small smile to ease Tetsu's concern, "but she'll be back."

I hope.

The boy uttered a small 'oh' and gazed down at his feet. When he wasn't looking at his dad, Tooru's sad expression returned. He thought he could do it but there was no way he can be able to hide the pain away from his son.

>>>

Days have gone by and you were somehow managing to do your normal routine but emotionally, your anxiety level went up the roof. At random times, Naomi noticed whenever she visits you at the bakery during her lunch, you became unsocial. In fact, you were purposely overworking yourself to distract yourself from your thoughts and time to go by faster.