• slow •

"Sorry about the mess."

As soon as you and Tooru entered back in the living room, he immediately started to scoop every toy off he could scavenge in his arms to make room for you on the couch. Once a path was clear, your head shook at his apology.

"I don't mind," you said gently and assisted him to pick up the plastic truck from the fuzzy rug. "You should be mad at Iwaizumi for not cleaning up."

He chuckled at your joke and smiled down at you once retrieving the toy truck from your hand. "It's okay. I know I shouldn't be buying him this many toys anyways."

You agreed while staring at the rest of the dolls and puzzles games laid out across the floor. It looks like toy heaven to a kid's eye if they ever walk into this place. At the same time, the toys brought character to the penthouse like it's apparent that the child who lives here is happy and spoiled rotten.

You helped Tooru to collect the rest of Tetsu's toys and placed them in a toy box nearby the electric fireplace at the corner. Once tidied up, the athlete dropped his weight on the cream colored U-sofa in front of the flatscreen TV that's built on his wall.

"What a long night," he whined quietly as he blew out air, head leaning back at the edge of the couch.

You peered back at him in worry. "You should probably get some rest."

His expression says it but you can tell he's trying to fight off the exhaustion oozing on his body. He hummed to retort. "I would hate to call the night short."

You huffed a breath at his stubbornness but then stared at a picture that caught your attention on a bookshelf nearby. It was a photograph of Tooru holding Tetsu on his back - both in a midst of laughter and grinning faces. A volleyball was in between Tetsu's hands as he crowned it on top of his dad's head, nothing but smiles. The picture itself looked so serene, you can almost hear the gleeful laughs from the two boys through the glass frame.

A series of photographs framed in brown wood welcomed you as more shots of just Tooru and Tetsu together. Some are single shots, but some are with a few more men and one of them are with Hajime the most. You can also speculate the people you've met today, especially in one when Tooru participated in the recent Olympics with his golden medal hanging from his neck. Tetsu was even there in his dad's arms with the medal in his mouth.

Even photos of Tooru when he was younger gravitated your interest in his white and turquoise uniform. He even looked pretty back then, which was no surprise.

You were so enthralled that you didn't notice Tooru's presence neared yours, approaching from the side to look at the pictures with you.

"Oh, sorry. Was I-?"

"Not at all. You're free to look," he smiled, taking amusement from your intrigued expression and then wavered his soothing eyes back onto the bookshelf. His long finger traced a couple of books until he hooked a certain bind in the middle of the stack, revealing a white hardcover. "I want to show you this."