• never forgotten •

"Here I thought you guys were just going to talk," scolded Hajime as he stood by the front door of Tooru's penthouse to greet you two looking somewhat ashamed and embarrassed. Then he shook his head in disappointment with closed eyes and arms crossed. "Should've known that you two were freaks."

"If there's an opportunity to do it, I'll take it," Tooru said flatly standing in a proud stance to hide the disgrace he brought upon himself.

Despite his outburst, you chose to admit that you are, in fact, a freak for this man.

"Sorry for keeping him out," you told the tanner man who kept his disapproved stare on him.

His hand waved, "Not a big deal. I'm not his mother."

"Is Tetsu... inside?" You pointed at the space behind Hajime, signaling that you were referring to the small child. Your skin prickled, unable to imagine what kind of reaction you'd receive from Tetsu once he knows that you're here.

"Yeah but he's asleep right now," admitted Iwaizumi.

Damn. Your head lowered, feeling a bit sad, although your anticipation brushed away for a brief moment.

Hajime saw the disappointment in your eyes as he hooked the arm of his black sports backpack over his shoulder, "Sorry. He tried his best to wait but the movie made him tired. He's on the couch right now. I would've carried him to his bed but I was afraid he was going to cry once he sees that you're not back."

"That's alright. We'll take care of the rest," nodded Oikawa as he pulled out his wallet from his back pocket - ready to pay him for his babysitting duty.

But Hajime, as usual, turned down the brunette's offer before he could lend it. "Stop that. You work too hard to make that money. Just keep it for Tetsu's school lunch."

School lunch. The word made you realize that it is in fact true that Tetsu is now relying on school lunches again. Taking a sneaky glance at the older brunette, you quietly observed his features and at the tired lines carved his cheeks. Hajime's words stand corrected.

While they had their dispute, Tooru gave up in paying his best friend and stated that he'll owe him the next time they plan to hang out. After shutting the door, your eyes scanned for the particular boy on the couch but your attention is driven away by the mess around the house.

Toys were laid out every where around the floor including a few pieces of clothing hanging off the dining room chairs. It wasn't necessarily messy to call it but the place wasn't as spotless as the last time that you were here.

Embarrassed, Tooru immediately went straight for the toys just when he had the same thought. and grabbed the items.

"Sorry. If I knew you were coming, I would've cleaned up the place more," he scurried with panic written on his face.