• future •

Once Tooru walked inside your apartment, he didn't hesitate to pull you into a warm yet suffocating hug as if he went through a long and treacherous journey to find you. His arms wrapped around securely as you were pulled into his chest with your face completely smashed against his shoulder.

You were greeted by his distinctive scent that is so familiar to you. The fresh water and clean laundry ignited a special memory in your head of all the times when he hugged you just like this. They were all happy moments.

He pulled away just slightly to lock eyes with yours, tracing his finger against the ball of your cheek and looking mesmerized - as if he was studying your face.

"You're so beautiful," he uttered so softly, almost like a sobbing whisper. Despite how torn, restless, and perhaps tipsy you look, you're the most fascinating thing he ever laid his eyes on. He can never forget such a face like yours. "God, I missed you."

Like always, the sound of his voice pulled a couple of heartstrings in your chest. There was something charming and alluring in his tone that always pull you back to him.

He stared longingly like he was waiting for an anticipating kiss. But you didn't want to give in to his sweet words just yet, although the hormones inside you just want to rip him apart and take him in the middle of the floor.

"Care for some wine?" You offered generously as your head motioned to the direction of your touched charcuterie and half empty glass of Daou red wine.

Tooru's brows raised when he peeked over your head, taking an interest in the electric fireplace in front of the couch as the warm colors of the flames sparked around the living room.

For the first time in a while, he smiled. "I would love that."

He followed you to the couch, allowing you to sit first and pour another glass from the bottle before he gently sat next to you not too far away - careful not to make you budge and not stain the white furniture.

Tooru took the glass from your offering hand and lightly touched it with yours as a brittle chime danced in the air. He swirled the liquor in his glass before he took a long sip and exhaled a deep breath after gulping it, nodding approvingly.

"Tooru," you started to get his attention on you, "I just want to say that I'm terribly sorry for removing myself from the picture without giving Tetsu an explanation. I know it must've been difficult on how to approach him about me and you had to deal with it by yourself."

You can feel the alcohol swimming in your blood as you felt your unknown confidence taking over your tongue. Because with Tooru's expression, he seemed surprised by your straight forwardness.

"Other than that, that'll be the only thing I'd be sorry for," you stated sternly.

He shook his hair nervously as he thought deeply, knowing how uncomfortable it is for you to even bring up such a sensitive topic.