• helping hand •

"I"m here for him, and for you."

Rina's skin grew goosebumps under the man's intense stare at her when she announced her answer. But Tooru's unwritten eyes were replaced with astonishment that she wasn't done explaining. They were hard to read, showing how confused he was at her statement.

"But that was until I saw your recent post on your social media," then her charcoal pools aimed down at her feet shuffling together over the plush grass.

Tooru furrowed his brows. "My social media?"

"I was curious about what you've been up to," she admitted shyly. "When I saw a picture of [Name], it made me realize that I have no right to take you away from what you already have. So then, I am here for Tetsu only. At least, I want to do my part as a person who gave him his life, if you can let me."

His shoulders slumped, feeling the tense atmosphere coming down into a solemn one. Tooru had mix emotions about the idea of Rina entering back into their lives since it hasn't been a full day with her yet. But he can't deny the honesty in her tone. He realized, she is starting to admit her faults and intentions which it was something she never did before.

Should he let her take that chance?

"I see now."

The dark blue clouds and the white moonlight masked the evening skies when night approached fast. Tooru finally gave you your explanation like he promised of the gist of his day, but most importantly on what he and Rina discussed about. After making dinner and putting Tetsu to bed, you sat across from the professional athlete on the bed in his master bedroom and studied his placid face.

He was telling the truth.

By your stare, he felt completely vulnerable and then stiffened his shoulders while he sat with crossed legs. "I promise. Tetsu doesn't know, and she agreed not to tell him anything either. He's not ever going to know."

You let out a quiet breath and leaned your face into your laced hands, elbows connected over your knees. Tooru cocked his head to the side and scooted himself next to you with a hand rubbing your back, pulling your head for him to kiss at the top of it.

"Thank you for telling me," you whispered against him with fluttering eyes but you immediately frowned at a sudden thought peeking your interest. "Why didn't you say anything to her then?"

"I just thought we should make the decision together," he replied shamelessly. "We're a couple, aren't we?"

You didn't know what kind of answer you had in mind, but it nothing like that. Just by hearing it, it awfully made you feel so secure in your position and you couldn't be more grateful to find such an honest and strong man like him.