Chapter 17

|Y/n POV|
Okay, tomorrow is the ball and I'm- so not ready for it. I'm not royalty, I have no idea how to act. I'm going to embarrass Loki... and Frigga but most importantly Odin. If I get kicked out where will I go. The best thing I can do is stay by Loki and not say much at all. I opened the door to my closet and pulled out the emerald green dress. It was so.... expensive looking. I couldn't wait to dance with Loki, even though he said he isn't a dancer.

I heard Loki's foot steps down the hall. I quickly put the dress back and sat on my bed. As he cracked open the door I opened my book.
"Love? Are you in here?" I glance over at the door.

"Yeah, what's up?" He walked over and kissed me on the forehead. I couldn't help but smile, he's so sweet!

"How are you doing?" He said as he took a seat next to me. I felt fine besides being sore from fighting yesterday.

"A little sore," I snuggled in close to this tall gentleman. "To sore for a walk in the garden?" I couldn't say no to a walk in the garden! Loki is always busy with fancy royal stuff, but he always did his best to make time for me.

"Of course not," I popped out of bed "I wanna get some flowers anyway, I have a craft for them"

I'm planing on making a cute flower crown to go with my dress tomorrow. This is going to be so exciting!

|Normal POV|
You and Loki made your way to the garden, you both linked your arms together. You looked up at Loki who had this beaming smile as you walked through the kingdom. He was very proud to have someone like you, and he wasn't afraid to show off his affection towards you.

Unless it's around his family, then he tends to get a little embarrassed. Who can blame him when Thor and Frigga are oooing and ahhing.

You haven't heard much about Odin thoughts on you, but from the little you heard he seemed ok. It's just scary to see what he would think of he knew you were from another planet.

Odin was calm with people visiting but he don't like secrets hidden from him. You though more about this and zoned out for a while.

"Y/n? Are you there? Hello?" Loki waved his hand in front of your eyes. You shook your head to clear your thoughts.
"Oh huh? Sorry I guess I zoned out." You chuckled. Loki frowned and he took both of your hands.

"Love, don't worry about Odin. He can not banish you, I won't allow it. I'm almost positive Mother and Thor wouldn't allow it either. Besides you haven't cased any harm while living here." He kissed your forehead.

He was right focusing on Odin has really stressed you out. You decided to take Loki's word and trust him with this burden.

~~~~~

Loki watched as you picked a few flowers, sometimes he point out which ones would look best. You both adventured the garden till sundown.

You got all the flowers you needed and headed to your room. You held the flowers close not wanting to drop any.
"Loki? Can I join you in your room tonight?" You asked timidly.

"Of course dear, but what's wrong with your room?" He was considered you didn't like your living situation or was afraid of something.

"Just wanna be around you. I feel calmer when I'm with you." He grabbed your waist as you walked.

You two dropped the flowers off at your room. Loki didn't want to walk to his room so he just teleported the two of you there. You watched as he used his magic it change into a green shirt and sweat pants.

"I see you enjoy mortal clothes," you giggled.
He rolled his eyes as he hopped into bed. After he settled in he opened his arms waiting for you to join him. Exited you jumped onto the bed and rolled your way over into his arms.

He chuckled softly as he wrapped his arms around you. He lightly kissed the top of your head and went to bed.

You didn't lie when you said you felt calm around him. Within minutes you felt fully relaxed and fell asleep.

~~~~

You felt a soft kiss on your forehead before the bed shifted. You slowly open your eyes, Loki had gotten out of bed and was getting ready for the day.

"Hey, come back" you mumbled sleepily. Loki quickly turned around surprised you were awake. "I'm sorry dear, I didn't mean to wake you just yet. I can stay in bed today love I have to help mom make sure everything is in order of tonight." You nod and pull the blanket over your shoulder and fall back asleep.

|Loki's POV|
I wonder the halls trying find any imperfections. A group of servants rush past me, they were holding boxes and small bags. Not quite sure what's in them but I don't care enough to ask.

"Loki! Just the handsome young man I've been looking for all morning. Why are you late? I need help with the table decor." Mother looked stressed and overwhelmed. She usually is good with this stuff, why is she so worried.

"Go with the gold napkin rings, as for the napkins I would say the deep red." Personally I would say an emerald green but mother doesn't like doing the same colors every ball.

The maids followed my suggestion and began setting up the tables.

"Good morning mother! Ahh hello brother!" A forceful hand hit my back. I turn to see Thors "dorky" smile as Y/n puts it.

Speaking of Y/n I can not wait to see her! In the beautiful gown, she is going to look amazing. Green really is her color. I'm not much of a dancer but I have a feeling she is gonna want to dance anyway. I love how out going she can be. I was day- I mean I was deep in thought why my brother shook me a bit.

"Loki dear are you alright?" Mother came over a placed her hand on my forehead. Thor laughed "mother I don't think he's ill, judging by that smile I think he was day dreaming." I pushed mother's hand away from me as I scoffed.

"Aww Loki, she is going to look fantastic!" Mother called out. She wasn't wrong but lord are they embarrassing.

I went to check on the food to make sure everything was in order. The cooks were rushing all over the place. I looked over and everything seem to be just fine. Before I left I quickly snuck an orange for Y/n.

I teleported to the dinning hall to make sure mother was ok. "How is everything going?" I question just to make sure she didn't have anymore jobs for me. Mother spun around quickly

"I need you to go to the garden and pick some more flowers, we are running low and the centerpieces are not done." I groaned at extra chore. I quickly teleported to the garden to collect what was asked.

While doing so I picked a flower Y/n had chosen yesterday. I got the rest of the flowers and quickly dropped them off to mother. I wanted to give Y/n something before she got ready.

I open my bed room door to see her already surrounded by maids. They were helping her with her hair and makeup. She turned to look who was at the door and my jaw dropped. She looked stunning.

Super sorry this took so long! I'm going to be editing a lot so sorry if the next chapter takes a little longer 💚🐍💚