Chapter 3

It's been a few days of practice now and you couldn't feel more tired. But tomorrow is Odins birthday so the team has the day to rest and prepare. You couldn't think of a better place to relax then the library. You found your favorite chair by the window and your favorite book. You were there for an hour or two when you heard something unexpected. "Welcome back prince Loki" the old woman said "good evening ms, is the book I requested here?" You knew exactly what book he was taking about. "Oh yeah, Y/n brought it back a few days ago." You look up from your book to see Loki looking at you. You gave him a quick smile as he walked to the shelves to collect his book.

You continued to read until Loki stopped in front of you. "I wish you luck tomorrow Y/n" you looked up your e/c (eye color) eyes met his crystal blue eyes. "Thanks I'm gonna need it" he gave a simple nod before retreating back to his kingdom.

| Y/n POV |
That was so unlike him, I think? From what Thor has told me Loki isn't much of a social butterfly. Odin didn't make his childhood very easy for him. I couldn't imagine being unfairly compared to my older sibling. I should probably get out of here and get some lunch.

|normal POV|
As you walked back to your house you notice the towns people setting up decorations for the big day tomorrow. You past the big outdoor stage that you will soon be preforming on. You notice the four big chairs close to the front, clearly meant for the royal family.

You reached your house and walk straight to the kitchen. You were in the middle of making f/f (favorite food) when there was a knock on your door. "Ugh what now!" You complained and you walked to the door. "Hello?" You asked as you open the door. "Good afternoon Lady Y/n!" Thor said cheerfully. "Oh hey Thor what's going on?" He rarely makes surprise visits like this.

"I just wanted to wish you luck for your dance tomorrow." You smiled "oh thanks! You wanna come in?" You asked not wanting to be rude. "Sure I can't stay for long thought" you walked back into the kitchen as Thor followed you. "Hey, you'll never guess what happened at the library," Thor raised an eyebrow "Loki wished me luck today, plus I saw him on my way home from the library last night, well more like ran into him" this caught Thor off guard. "That's unlike him, walking at night no, but talking to someone other then his family yes" 
"that's what I was thinking, maybe he knows I'm a friend of yours." Thor laughed "of course he knows mother is quite fond of you and asks about you from time to time" it made you happy that the queen thought well of you. "Maybe he likes you" Thor teased. This made your face go red "THOR!" He bursted out with laughter.

There was another knock at the door. "I got it Lady Y/n" Thor said still laught. He walked over and open then door. "Mother has requested you back at home" the voice sounded like Loki's. "Ok let me say my goodbyes, thank you brother"  you leaned over to look out the door and saw as he just disappeared into thin air. You forgot Loki had the ability to send holograms of himself.  "Well I guess I'll see you later Thor" you waved. "Goodbye Lady y/n, good luck tomorrow" you closed the door as he left. You finished your lunch and went to take a nap.

| in the kingdom |
"Did you get Thor like I asked?" Frigga look at Loki.  "Yes mother, he was over at Y/n house but he should be on his way back" Frigga smiled "he's seems very fond of her, do you think maybe he likes her" Loki didn't like this where this conversation was going 
"I'm not sure I rather say out of his personal life, besides isn't he with Jane?" Frigga chuckled
"that's right, it's been a while since he's visited Jane, I really should have him pay her a visit" Loki shrugged, trying to find a way out of this conversation. "When are you going to find your special someone" Loki knew this was where the conversation was headed. "Once I find the right one then maybe, but I rather not talk about this." Loki folded his arms. "Ok ok, did you get the book from the library? I'm sorry your father took some of your books, I wasn't aware of what he was doing."

"He's not my father, but yes I got the book. I plan on reading it most of tomorrow." His tone was cold and bitter. Frigga did her best to understand what Loki was going through. "Well I would prefer if you celebrated with us, but if you wish you can spend most of the time in your room. I do want you at Y/n performance though," Loki nodded "well I have some business to attend to in the kitchen, Send Thor my way when he shows up" she walk over and kiss Loki on the cheek. "Mother!" Loki complained as he tried wiping off the lipstick on his face. Frigga walked away giggling.

                     ~~~~~~

" Ah hello brother, do you know were I can find mother?" Thor asked. Loki glared at him "kitchen" Thor gave a weak smile as he headed to the kitchen to greet his mother.

"You wanted to see me?" Frigga quickly turned around to see Thor, "it's been 20 minutes what took you so long?" Thor rubbed the back of his neck. "I got distracted on my way here," he looked up to see the cake sitting on the counter "that looks amazing" the bakers smiled at his complement. "They did a wonderful job don't you think?" Thor nodded,
"so what did you need me for?" Frigga gave him a smile
"I want you to ask Y/n to join us for dinner after her performance, I want her to celebrate with us," Thor was excited to tell you the good news. "I think maybe her and Loki could get along, he seems so isolated and I think he could use a friend like her," Thor wanted to help his brother out so he didn't mind you hanging out with his brother. "I'll let her know after her performance,"

"Thank you!" Frigga smiled as Thor left the kitchen. She really hopes you and Loki hit it off and maybe become closer then friends.

(Sorry things are a bit slow in the beginning, I promise Loki is going to make more of an appearance in chapter 4)