chapter three

season 2 episode 20 & 21

veronica walked behind bailey and george. meredith, izzie, and cristina stayed behind with her. izzie leant towards them, keeping her voice low.

"what happened to george's hair? is he having a nervous breakdown?" izzie questioned.

veronica had noticed his badly cut hair but hadn't said anything. her best friend was going through and it wasn't like she hadn't gone through it and cut all her hair off or cut bangs before, so she couldn't really judge.

cristina sighed, "burke says he's got issues. ugh you should see them together, like doing things, like running... and cooking and talking. they're like bonding."

"and you're afraid that burke will realize he makes a better girlfriend than you?" izzie joked.

cristina ignored her, "you know meredith just go and apologize to him."

"i've tried!"

"try again. things can't stay like this. they suck like this," izzie complained.

veronica rolled her eyes, "mer didn't mean to make things suck and besides it was a two person experience that made things suck."

meredith sent her a grateful smile. they walked ahead of izzie, who was caught by alex, who was late.

the groups first stop was denny, a patient who veronica could see izzie liked, a lot more than she should. then after that was a mrs gibson, who had a pre-term premature rupture of her membranes. veronica stifled a laugh as the husband attempted to flirt with addison.

tuck, bailey's child began to cry as they continued down the hallway.

"i can take him if you want, i'm surprisingly good with kids," veronica offered.

bailey nodded, passing the baby to her.

veronica smiled at the baby, bouncing him on her shoulder. he eventually stopped crying.

"such a good baby, tuck. and so handsome, yes you are. you're the cutest little baby boy," she cooed.

bailey stifled a smile at the sight of veronica holding her baby. bailey always had a soft spot for veronica, the young woman quickly becoming her favourite intern. it was no secret either that veronica had worked her way up the ranks in bailey's eyes. it only took a few weeks.

when a patient came in that needed surgery, veronica was given tuck to babysit since cristina was the least child-friendly person both women knew. she made her way to the gallery to watch the surgery.

it was while she was in the gallery that tuck began to stink.

she gagged slightly at the smell, "you really need a diaper change, yes you do."

she grabbed what she needed and began singing to tuck as she did, noticing he seemed to calm down quickly when there was music or singing. veronica cursed internally when she realised she didn't actually know how to change a diaper. she had no siblings, it was just her and her mum and she had never changed a diaper.