chapter thirteen

season 3 episode 15-17

veronica stared at a wall as she heard meredith and derek argue about her drowning in the bathtub. she pretended she wasn't listening as she sipped her coffee. once derek had left she turned to izzie and veronica. 

"i did not try to drown myself in the bathtub."

"hey, i ate everything out of the fridge last night, everything, including a tub of butter. there's no judgment here," izzie reassured. 

"i was there, i helped eat the tub of butter before i forgot you have to take off clothes when you get in the shower," veronica informed. 

"you ever feel like you were just disappearing?" meredith asked. 

"all the time," izzie agreed.

veronica hummed in response, nodding, "way too often."

"why can't i just be that happily ever after person? why can't i believe in that?"

"i don't know what i believe in anymore," izzie replied. 

"because, mer, we're not happily ever after people. we're shitty mum's, absent dad's, failed relationships and near death experience people," veronica told. 

---

veronica and meredith were by the lockers, getting ready for the triage task today when cristina continued to stare at them, a weird look on her face. 

"what?" meredith snapped. 

"nothing."

cristina went back to staring.

meredith gave her a look before snapping once more, "what?"

"okay, cranky. forget it," cristina responded. 

"cristina, is everything okay? do you need to say something to us?" veronica questioned. 

cristina shook her head, only to go back to staring while alex was ranting about wanting to perform actual surgeries and not do the triage task. 

"what?"

cristina's face dropped, "nothing."

izzie went first, sydney was the patient and izzie killed her. before the rest of them could continue they were sent to a mass casualty incident. it was not an exercise or a drill and they were being sent out to help.

they were all getting ready to go. cristina approached meredith and veronica. 

"meredith. veronica. i have a thing. news," she told. 

"you're not pregnant again, are you? because i can't handle the extra months of bitchiness," meredith retorted.

"seriously, mer. cristina, you can tell us, ignore meredith's shitty mood," veronica assured.