chapter sixteen

season 3 episode 20 - 23

susan had been stopping by, dropping off groceries for them. she had been for a week or two at this point and veronica loved it. there was actually food in the fridge for once. not that that stopped her from ordering food. 

"ohhh, pastries," veronica exclaimed. "may i?"

"go right ahead, ronnie," susan told. 

"thank you!"

ronnie finished her pastry before she got in her car, waiting for the others to join her. they were taking turns on who drove them to the hospital, as they had the same shifts. 

---

the interns were in jane doe's room, alex taking the photos they would send out to the news so they could find whoever her family was. 

he showed her the picture, "oh my god. i know this is gonna sound terrible but i'm not bad looking."

"beautiful is the word you're looking for," meredith told her.

"i was gonna say hot," izzie spoke. 

"more like smoking hot, damn girl, no wonder you're taken," veronica complimented, wiggling her ring finger.

"there's still a little swelling," mark informed. 

"then shouldn't we wait to take the after pictures?" jane questioned. 

"we could but the sooner we take them the sooner we get them out there."

---

it didn't take long for veronica to be caught up on everything. cristina was trying to scare away cardio god. izzie was acting weird and had disappeared to no one knew where. derek wasn't answering meredith's calls, which meant she was hanging out with veronica, who was eating indian food. food that meredith was picking at too.

susan then arrived, standing up to meredith about being rude to her. veronica watched on as she ranted before becoming aware she was crossing a few boundaries as she did. at least she was self-aware. however, meredith forgave her. and veronica left to give them some privacy. 

she went to joe's, it was the first place she could think of going to. she hung her coat up.

"hey, sweetheart," mark greeted, only a few seconds after she arrived. 

"jesus, mark, what do you have like a radar for when i arrive somewhere?" she joked. 

"let me buy you a drink."

she smiled, before, nodding, "i'll have a vodka lemonade."

---