chapter twelve

season 3 episode 11-14

george's dad had his surgery. veronica was there, comforting him. he had seen him post-surgery and was scared, so she hugged him and held him while he calmed down.  

izzie finally deposited the check. veronica laughed as george freaked out about it.

---

meredith's half sister had had a baby, meaning that thatcher, her father was roaming around the hospital. he was not the most put together man ever. the group stood watching him.

"how am i related to that man?" meredith questioned. 

cristina frowned, "what do you mean?"

"i mean, look at him. he's a mess." they watched as he swung his arm and spilt coffee everywhere. "i mean he's a disaster. a stammering, mumbling, clumsy disaster with whom I have absolutely nothing in common. not one thing."

"i hate to break this to you but-" izzie began. 

"what?"

"you do your own share of stammering yourself," cristina told. 

"yeah, that nervous talking thing you do, it's actually a lot like him," izzie added. 

"no it's not."

veronica nodded, "plus that messy thing."

"totally," izzie agreed. 

"cristina's the messy one."

"my apartment is messy, my locker is messy, but i am not messy. sometimes you have like...food and stuff in your hair," cristina informed. 

"yeah food. band-aids on your face," veronica spoke, leaning closer to her, "i can still kind of see that indentation from that nose strip you were wearing last night."

meredith turned to them, "you are in a relationship with no words." she then turned to izzie. "and you are a millionaire in twenty dollar shoes." she then turned to veronica. "and you-you-you have no filter. whatever."

meredith walked away.

---

veronica didn't mean to hear some of addison and mark's business, but she did as she was walking past. she heard that addison and him were going to have a baby and stopped listening after that. she really didn't mean to.