chapter eight

season 3 episode 3 & 4

veronica laughed as meredith told her about her fantasy dream about mcdreamy and finn, the vet. it was a nice distraction from the boxes all over the house. also, the lack of hot water. callie had basically moved in since she got kicked out of her last place.

the day had been a decent one for veronica, izzie had agreed to go see the chief and try and get back on the program.

however, when izzie got to the hospital she stood outside and stared at it.

veronica and alex were looking after a young girl who couldn't feel pain and had internal bleeding. veronica walked away for a few minutes, a few minutes and the girl had run off and her and alex were searching everywhere for her.

she had witnessed them place their hands in ice water, and alex lost, which had added to veronica's day being good. however, losing the child in the hospital had put a damper on her day.

they had managed to get george to help, who rambled on about different superheroes, since megan, the child, had thought she was a superhero.

callie dragged him away.

eventually, veronica found her. she was under a bed.

"there's our superhero. we've got half the hospital looking for you. your powers of invisibility are well intact," veronica joked, dragging her gently out from under the bed.

"the other doctor is a hosebag, you know that?"

"yep, i do, now come on," veronica replied, pulling her gently towards the wheelchair nearby.

megan went to walk away, "nobody's cutting me open."

veronica sighed, bending down slightly so she was at a similar height to the girl, "it's surgery, we do it all the time. it's all we do."

"you can't keep telling my foster parents i'm defective. they can't afford surgery, it's too expensive," she argued as veronica placed her in the wheelchair.

"megan, they can handle it."

"they'll send me back."

veronica paused, realising what it was really all about, "that's stupid. they've got their own personal superhero. nobody sends back a superhero. you've got nothing to worry about."

"i thought the other doctor said i didn't have superpowers," she complained.

veronica rolled her eyes, "doctor karev is a bit of an ass. don't repeat that. but you take away green lantern's ring, the guy's still a hero. right?"

once they had done the surgery, she caught alex watching the family closely.

"alex karev does have a soft spot," she joked, quietly.