chapter eighteen

season 4 episode 1

season 4 episode 1

the group, bar george, were no longer interns. they were residents, which meant that they had their own group of interns. 

george was repeating his intern year. 

veronica was finishing some notes when she felt a group of people behind her. she took a deep breath and turned around. 

she began the speech she had heard bailey give them the first day. 

"i have five rules. memorize them."

she began leading them around the hospital, listing off the first four rules as they moved around.

"are we clear?" she asked.

one of them raised their hands, "that was four rules. you said five."

"rule number five...when i move, you move," she finished. her pager went off. "come on."

luckily for veronica, the nurses really liked her, so they had agreed to page her at that point and give her some fake issue that needed solving so that her interns would like her.

they all sat in a hallway, eating, talking about how they felt like frauds and how izzie and veronica were left behind so cristina and meredith could go on cristina's honeymoon. they offered for veronica to go but she felt the pair needed it a lot more than her. so, she stayed behind and watched movies and ate takeaway.

george had come to talk to meredith before the interns entered the hallway.

"hey, um, this is for residents only. no interns," cristina shouted. 

"yeah, get outta here." izzie joined in and then so did the others. 

veronica rolled her eyes. the interns rushed off. 

"i guess i should be going, too," george spoke. 

"no, george. we didn't mean you," meredith called. 

"no, i'm an intern."

"wait. what did you want to tell me?" meredith yelled after him. 

cristina sighed, "uh, is this how it's gonna be all year? because bambi has got to learn how to cope."

veronica shoved her, "at least he came back."

"yeah, cut him some slack," meredith agreed. 

"dude, he failed his exam and got left back in kindergarten," alex mocked. 

"people fail, leave him be," veronica defended.

they got paged as there was a trauma coming in.

---

they had multiple traumas coming in. veronica turned to her interns. 

"i haven't learnt your names yet, so you're numbers until i have," veronica announced. "okay, one, two, go get stat packs. uh, three, four, go meet the ambulances. meredith, i can feel you judging me, please refrain."