chapter twenty

season 4 episode 3 

season 4 episode 3 

veronica snuck out of her bedroom, that mark was still in and across the hall to alex's. she knocked gently. 

"what?"

she walked in. 

"i did something stupid," she admitted. 

"come on," he sighed, moving so she could sit beside him. 

"i slept with someone i probably shouldn't," she whispered. 

alex laughed, "about time you got some."

"dude. i came here for help," she whined. 

alex rolled his eyes, "ronnie, you have been through hell, you deserved to get some. it doesn't matter who."

"even if it was mark?"

"it was sloan?"

"maybe."

"it was going to happen eventually, we all knew it would," he told. 

"please don't tell anyone."

"i won't."

veronica smiled, "thanks, alex."

veronica walked back into her room, grabbing the clothes she needed for the day. she nudged mark, waking him up. 

"you gotta go," she whispered. "it's just i don't want the other to know just yet, because if they know derek knows.  and it'll- i just- you gotta sneak out."

"what are we sixteen?" mark joked. his smile fell when he saw her serious expression. she stared at him, wide-eyed. "you're serious?"

"yeah. i just- it's- i- derek would freak and then there would be an expectation and i-"

mark nodded, sitting up, the sheet covering him slipping down. veronica glanced down, coughing slightly as it took a lot not to stare.

"okay. i'll sneak out."

---

veronica arrived at work, silently thanking god no one had caught mark sneaking out of the house that morning. well, except alex, but he had distracted the others so they wouldn't see. she was standing in a patient's room who was having part of her tongue removed and replaced with flesh from her leg. her interns were with her, answering the questions that she hit them with. 

they were doing well, and veronica was proud, sure most of them were her age or older but she felt like they were her children and she was watching them not fuck up.

she directed a question at lexie.

"uh, the extra flesh will provide the bulk your tongue needs to breathe properly, chew, swallow," lexie answered.