chapter eleven

season 3 episode 8-10

veronica was sat next to george in the locker room, looking over his dad's chart with him.

"today is the day people. today is the day when dark and twisty meredith disappears forever. and bright and shiny meredith takes her place. you're probably not going to want to be friends with me anymore cause the sheer intensity of my happiness will make your teeth hurt. that's okay, 'cause life is good. life is good," meredith rambled on as she entered the locker room. 

"mer, read the room," veronica voiced. 

"what's going on?"

"george's dad was admitted last night," izzie informed. 

"oh my god, is he okay?" 

"he's fine," george assured. 

"he passed out, hit the floor and fractured his clavicle," veronica told. 

"his clavicle is fine. callie said... she said it's fine," george added.

"are those his am labs?" mer asked. 

alex looked up, "complaining of severe abdominal pain." 

"he doesn't have peritoneal signs, that's good," cristina spoke. 

bailey entered the locker room, "has anybody seen-" she saw the chart in george's hands. 

george stood, handing her the chart, "i was just looking at it."

"don't you think me reading it is more important than you reading it?" bailey asked. 

"sure. fine. he's going to be fine," george muttered. 

george was put on scut as his dad was in the hospital. veronica was put on sloan's service with alex and izzie, while meredith was put on the pit. 

"why?" veronica groaned. bailey sent her a look that quickly shut her up. "not that i'm complaining."

she made her way with alex and izzie to where they would find mark.

"ah, excellent. my invaluable intern. is it bring-a-hot-blond-and-hotter-brunette-to-work day? no one told me," mark greeted. 

izzie coughed as she spoke, "sexual harassment."

"yeah, this seems inappropriate," veronica voiced. 

"dr stephens is shadowing me today, and ronnie got put on your service as well," alex explained. 

"which i don't get since i wanted to be on peds or neuro, but go off i guess," veronica grumbled. 

"you don't want to work with me sweetheart? i'm offended."

"i don't want your flirting, dr sloan," she retorted.