chapter nineteen

season 4 episode 2

season 4 episode 2

veronica chugged a coffee before running out the door and going to the hospital where mark met her, extra coffee in hand.

"thanks, mark."

they were by the surgery board where derek was drinking a huge thing of coffee. the chief had just walked off. 

"what's wrong with the chief?" veronica asked.

"he's a junkie," derek answered. 

"him? you're the one who looks all strung out," mark mocked. 

"i'm just tired," derek replied. 

"let me guess. you and meredith are back together, and you've been up all night doing the horizontal salsa," mark spoke. 

"mambo. horizontal mambo. and meredith and i, we're just friends," derek denied. 

"please. my room is next to yours," veronica scoffed. 

"sexy friends?"

derek sighed, "you're like the worst, most juvenile human being i've ever met in my life."

"you know the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem?" mark quipped.

"how many nurses have you slept with this week?" derek asked. 

mark's eyes flitted to veronica as she sipped her coffee, watching the back and forth. she raised an eyebrow, waiting for his answer. she was actually curious. 

"none, actually."

"what?"

veronica couldn't help but feel relieved at the revelation. maybe, he liked her back? no. he probably just didn't want to sleep with the nurses, a been there done that kind of thing. 

"i just have a reason to not sleep with them," mark admitted, trying his best to not look at the woman stood next to him. 

"i gotta go, cristina is giving out her wedding gifts and i want the waffle maker and espresso machine."

veronica skipped off.

the waffle iron was sat there. 

"cristina, i want this," veronica exclaimed pointing at the box. "and the espresso machine."

"what can you give me, sunshine?"

"how about i don't kill you in your sleep?" she retorted. "and i convince someone to give you a good surgery?"

"you had me after the kill thing, it's yours."

"are these all wedding gifts?" meredith asked. 

"yes. she's giving them away. i have dibs on the mixmaster," izzie answered.