chapter ten

season 3 episode 6

season 3 episode 6

veronica watched on with the others as cristina ordered around the woman writing on the or board, before she moved her out of the way and began writing on it herself. she ignored the others bitching as she watched on. sure, she thought it was suspicious and burke didn't seem like the type to let sex dictate his work life, so she was pretty sure something else was going on. but it wasn't her business. 

cristina bailed on drinks with meredith and veronica because she had to study for a surgery.

veronica sighed, "i'm going to just go to bed early then, no offence mer, but i am dying here."

veronica's early night didn't happen when meredith woke her up to talk to her about derek being with another woman.

"that mcbastard. i bet she wasn't that tall and hot, you probably imagined it. in the moment, because you were hurt or some shit like that. anyway, he's a mcbastard and his perfect hair doesn't change that."

"you're right."

"ditch mcdreamy, he's not worth it, even if the sex is great. get a vibrator, take yourself on a date, boom, he's replaced," veronica advised. 

"ronnie!"

"what? it's true."

---

izzie was back at work and veronica, although still sightly annoyed at the whole situation, was glad she was back. surgery was what she enjoyed, so she should be able to do it. as long as she didn't cut anymore lvad wires. 

turns out she was shadowing one surgeon a day, that day was meredith's, who happened to be with veronica that day. 

izzie was rambling on about being fine with the pair being the boss of her for the day, when she bumped into a man with derek. 

"dr stevens, welcome back," he greeted. "meredith. meredith." he was trying to get her attention to talk to her in private. 

"sorry it's not like i can leave. i gotta stay by my bosses side," izzie joked. 

"and i don't wanna leave," veronica added, shrugging. 

it was then that a woman joined them, the woman who had been in derek's trailer. 

"okay, the trailer sucks, but in the light of day the land is nice. seattle's pretty in the daylight. plus you have your thing for ferries," the woman told. 

"ferry boats," meredith and derek corrected at the same time. 

"right, whatever."

"meredith, this is my sister nancy," derek introduced. 

"sister? you're one of derek's sisters?" meredith questioned, obviously relieved. 

"well, i knew you didn't think i was the wife, seeing as how you already ran her off," she commented.