chapter fifteen

season 3 episode 19

season 3 episode 19

veronica had woken up next to alex, the pair having slept, or at least tried to sleep through george and izzie drunk playing music and singing along badly.

she walked into the kitchen, dressed and ready to chug a coffee. meredith and cristina entered only a few seconds later.  

"wow, you and george were really going at it last night," meredith commented. 

izzie chocked on the water she was drinking, "what?"

"the laughing, the drinking, the music. nobody, i mean me, needs to hear george's rendition of 'sexy back' at three in the morning,"  cristina complained."

"yeah, yeah. you should have said something or you know, banged on the wall," izzie told, drinking her glass of water.

she was acting weirder than usual, veronica clocked. 

"it's like living in a youth hostel," cristina muttered. "sunshine wasn't even in her own room."

"what?"

"i went to wake you this morning and you weren't there."

"i was already up, idiot."

"the important thing is that she and george made up. you did right?" meredith interrupted. 

alex entered the kitchen, heading straight to the fridge, "i need to use your bathroom."

"why?"

"cause o'malley's puking in mine."

cristina glanced to ronnie, "ok, youth hostel."

"george is still here?" meredith asked. 

"yes. yes. but only because he was too drunk to drive home. you know, just totally impaired. like no heavy machinery drunk," izzie answered. 

"what's her problem?" alex questioned. 

"still drunk," cristina replied. 

"what's she doing here?" 

meredith didn't hesitate to respond, "she's afraid she's ruining her engagement to burke, so she's hiding from him."

"i'm not anymore. i have a plan. burke doesn't want me to marry him just to appease him..."

"which you are."

"so...we don't get married. simple, we go back to the way it was. be kind, rewind. my plan has a name," cristina revealed. 

"marriage is stupid anyway," veronica voiced. "most end in divorce, so."

"why so pessimistic sunshine?" cristina mocked. 

"shut up, i'm tired."

"i gotta go. i gotta get to work. see you guys later." izzie went to leave only to hear vomiting. "is that george? you said he was upstairs, puking."