chapter twenty-six

season 4 episode 11 & 12

veronica woke up with lexie still in her bed from the night before. she got ready, only waking lexie when she was done and the bathroom was free. she was still half asleep as she walked around the kitchen, derek and meredith discussing some house he was building. meredith stopped her, putting a plate in front of her. 

veronica glanced at it, blinking, "what the fuck is this?"

"i made breakfast," meredith explained. 

"no, you tried to make breakfast," veronica exclaimed, poking the meal with her fork. 

alex and lexie walked in as meredith began plating up lexie's food. 

"dude, what the hell is that?" alex asked. 

"meredith cooked. she wanted to do something nice for lexie," derek answered. 

lexie's eyes widened as she sat, "you cooked for me?"

"it's no big deal. just... eggs and avocado and whatever cheese that was in the fridge," meredith dismissed. 

"aren't you alle-"

"oh, i love, um, avocados," lexie interrupted before taking a mouthful. 

"is it okay?"

both derek and lexie agreed.

veronica took a bite, grabbing a napkin and spitting it out, "did you season this?"

"it's got cheese and avocado in it," meredith answered. 

veronica sighed, "oh meredith, you sweet, dumb beautiful woman."

"what?"

---

callie found veronica while she was charting, rambling on about how george's mum was in the hospital and though they were still together. she also shoved an armful of baby clothes into her arms.

"wow, these are..."

"horrible, ronnie, they are horrible," callie ranted. 

veronica nodded, "yeah, here." she placed them back into callie's arms. "maybe tell george this, he's the one that needs to sort out the mess he's made."

---

veronica was not expecting to be the one paged to help with dr bailey's son. he would not stop crying, and bailey was not meant to be on his case. she ignored bailey and her husband arguing as she tried to listen to his chest. 

she was ordered afterwards to stay with bailey throughout, after all she was the baby's mother. bailey tried to argue but failed. she was in next to cristina and izzie, who were by the computer screen in the mri. bailey and tucker were with their son in the mri room.