chapter four

season 2 episode 22 & 23

meredith was knitting. she was knitting and veronica had been staring at her knit for too long. so, she had joined. so had izzie, except she was doing it to make sure meredith didn't know she couldn't knit. veronica, on the other hand, could knit and had also sworn off men with meredith. not that she needed too. there was the occasional one night stand but she didn't get attached and she didn't have that many.

cristina was pacing in the gallery as burke performed a surgery. veronica, meredith, and izzie were all knitting. veronica had gone for a simpler design, a scarf, instead of a sweater like meredith.

cristina was ranting about burke not knowing madonna.

"sore loser," izzie coughed.

"i am not a sore loser. you know, and so what if I am? see, the whole point of games is that there's a winner. a first place. y want a second best surgeon operating on you? no, you want the very best. and second best is mediocre. and to settle for mediocrity is... is frankly, you know, a sign of self-loathing and substandard work ethics," cristina ranted before throwing herself down onto a seat. "i've gotta get george out of my apartment.

meredith didn't look up from her knitting, "you know, you could sleep with him and then right in the middle start crying.iIt's painful and humiliating and unbelievably cruel, but apparently it works."

izzie glared at meredith, "would you just keep knitting? kick him out so that he can come back home to us."

cristina sighed, "no, i can't kick him out. you know, he's burke's puppy. it's gotta be burke's idea. i just gotta figure out a way to make him do it."

---

veronica listened to izzie ramble on about 'ortho chick' aka callie, the woman george was seeing. she had been at the right place at the right time as callie came over to them.

"stevens. hold this." without hesitation she threw a tool at izzie, who caught it. "george mentioned you're not big on ortho. jennings? take the osteotome and the mallet." she passed the tools to veronica. "follow me."

veronica and izzie had been tasked with holding the patient steady while callie sorted out his leg. izzie attempted to start a conversation, only for callie to interrupt by giving veronica more instructions.

"did you always know you wanted to specialize in orthopaedics?" izzie asked. veronica sent her a warning look, noticing her judgy face as she spoke.

"did you always know you wanted to model?" callie retorted.

izzie was not happy with her reply.

"jennings, i mean it. watch your grip," she ordered.

veronica noticed she had slipped slightly, "sorry."