chapter twenty-eight

season 4 episode 14

season 4 episode 14

veronica found out that burke got the harper avery prize. she was standing glaring at the piece of paper as george, izzie, meredith and lexie joined her. stupid man, getting an award when so much of his success was attributed to a woman. and he didn't even mention said woman!

"has cristina seen it?" meredith asked. 

izzie took a step forward, "let's take it down."

"you can't take it down," meredith scolded. 

izzie stepped back, patting george on the back, she moved around like the whole thing made her too anxious to stand still, "take it down. take it down. she never has to know."

veronica rolled her eyes, "she's gonna hear about it."

"who's gonna hear about what?" cristina called, approaching the group.

they turned, izzie throwing herself backwards into the board to hide the article. she raised an arm behind her head to hide it better. she flinched from the impact.

cristina walked towards them, chuckling, "izzie move your hand." izzie didn't budge, pretending she had no clue what cristina was on about. "come on, move it."

she shoved her out of the way, her smile falling as she saw the poster. she turned around, "good for him."

veronica gaped as she just walked away.

"she may be fine with it but the dick didn't even mention her," veronica hissed, pulling her pen out of her pocket. "cover me."

"what-" izzie began, before quickly standing in front of the woman to hide her from view. she began doodling on his face, giving him devil horns, bad facial hair and a tail. she placed her pen back in her pocket, turning to a bewildered friend group.

"it's childish but i don't care."

---

the nurses had taken to boycotting mark's surgeries. there was even a union rep, which happened to be adele webber. along with human resources, who were making every employee fill out a form that said who they were having sex with and who they had had sex with. 

veronica had been paged by mark, who was questioning her about whether or not they should disclose their relationship on the form. well, he asked if they should disclose the fact they were having sex, he'd stopped himself before he called it a relationship because he was terrified she'd run away if he tried to define what they were. 

he'd quickly realised she was a jumpy person when it came to relationships. she avoided any mention of what they were or where they were going. 

"i don't know," veronica exclaimed as he questioned her. "we kind of have to i guess but who's gonna see it-"

"the chief and human resources," he told.