MY DIL GOES HMMM.....TJOL - 2

Prachi stared at the card with confusion in her eyes, as the beautifully handwritten words seem to make no sense to her at the first sight. Her narrowed gaze remained fixated at the jumbled phrases, while her mind gradually began to comprehend the strange message that had appeared before her out of the blue.

As her subconscious worked on decoding the weird phrases on its own volition, her vision shifted from the newly found golden card to the previous one to the bouquet still clutched in her other hand and back to the second card. What was all of this? Was Ranbir trying to play with her? Moreover, what was the need of all this? Today out of all? She had wanted to meet him and confess everything to him, as well as hear his feelings for her - once again - as soon as possible. Didn't he know that?! Ugh! But now she'll have to solve a queer riddle before all of it! All thanks to him! He really is a Baklu! Though somewhat angry at him, the special name she addressed him with still brought a soft adorable smile to her beautiful features.

Shaking her head once with the smile still curving her lips, she continued to stare at the stiff piece of paper as some part of her heart sighed in relief as she at least finally knew that he was fine. As long as she knew that, she would happily deal with the rest.

But she wanted to meet him quickly! Should she call him and tell him to just already appear before her in two minutes? Well, thinking about it, she could do that. She knew he would come running if she did so. The thought once again made her smile.

"Baklu." She spoke softly, smiling, her voice filled with affection.

But no. She didn't want him to think she couldn't even decrypt a bunch of few words. He would tease her with it for the rest of their life. And Prachi Arora was not really the one known for backing off from anything once setting her foot onto it. How much time was a short riddle going to take, anyways? Moreover, if he wanted it to be this way, that's what she was going to do. Her heart couldn't just wait anymore after all this time and all these hurdles life threw at their blossoming love, but she would try her best to control it. Just for a few more minutes now.

Okay. So he wanted to play with her by this. Or maybe test her? In any case, she was going to solve this riddle soon and find her way to him at any cost today. With determination shining in her bright eyes, she once again eyed the words, this time reading and contemplating each one of them carefully.

'Har naye saal ki shuruaat hai vo'
What does a new year start with? Wishes? Her brows furrowed as she thought, biting her lower lip.

'Vo jo kabhi lautkar nahi aata hai'
What doesn't return? Wishes do return to you, don't they? Then what was the first one if not wishes? Happiness? But it returns too! You get happiness in return if you share the same, she had been taught. Ugh!

Okay, she needed a start over. Taking a deep breath, she once again stared at the scattered words, scrutinizing them with all her attention.

Her lips suddenly curved up into a beautiful wide smile, as her earlier confused eyes now gleamed as if they had suddenly found their way towards their destination. She tightened her hold on the bouquet, mumbling a 'Yes' as she chirped with happiness, before trotting off hurriedly towards the crowds covering the entire campus, moving past them.
______________________________________

Fixing the last of the candles, Ranbir stared at the scented objects with a wide smile playing on his lips, while his eyes glittered with thousands of emotions, pure love being the most prominent one of them.

Today. Today was the day that was going to mark a new beginning of his life. Today was the day that would become the witness of their love. Today was the day when he would finally confess his feelings to his ladylove. And today was the day he was sure she would reciprocate his feelings.