TIED BY THE SACRED BOND - 1

Track: Continuation from the serial track of Ranbir and Maya's wedding day.
______________________________________

As he heard the occasional sound of anklets ringing as a result of a pair of advancing steps towards him, the young man sitting at the wedding pavilion shifted his gaze towards the source of the sound, glancing through the garlands of beautiful flowers that hung through his headgear. As he witnessed the scene in front of him, his heart started beating, being surrounded by an unknown fear.

The air around was filled with anxiousness and dejection. The bright lights spreading disappointment and sorrow in the hearts of many souls present there. A strange silence had covered the entire place, while the storm present in most of the hearts seemed to increase its intensity with each passing second. Suddenly, all the heads turned towards a single direction, some pair of eyes shimmering with a triumphant smirk, while some glistening with the amount of guilt and helplessness that they held.

The beautiful woman who was clad in a gorgeous pink attire was advancing towards the man sitting frozen in fear at the wedding pavilion, taking baby steps towards the man of her dreams. She was surrounded by a middle aged woman at her right, who was holding her arms softly, and a middle aged man on her left, who just accompanied her looking straight ahead, with a pistol clutched in one of his hands, and a victorious smile evident on his face. The woman's gaze was glued to the ground, her heart fluttering with many emotions as she walked silently through the crowd, with every pair of eyes around fixed on her, making her way towards the man she had started to love the most.

As she approached the pavilion, the man got up, forwarding his shaking hand towards the beautiful woman, asking for hers to be placed on his, asking for her permission for taking the first step of this new relationship.
She stood there, gaze still lowered to the ground, as she forwarded her hand, placing it on top of his. He clasped it, making her head tilt upwards. Her heart fluttered once again as she saw him through the pink veil that had covered her face. Her heart began racing as she saw him there in front of her, dressed in a shining elegant kurta, complimented by a red turban through which, several strands of flowers were hanging.

Stepping on the pavilion with the support of his hand, she carefully adjusted her skirt, holding her dupatta that was fallen in front of her face with her hands, as she sat at the place that was dedicated to her this evening. The man settled beside her too, with anticipation flooded in his heart.

"Now the bride and the groom will join their hands as I chant these mantras." Ordered the priest, as the duo obeyed silently.

"Has this Ranbir gone mad?! Why is he so eager to hold that Maya's hand for a lifetime?! Maybe we are fools that we're trying to save your spoilt prince here, my dear!" Blabbered Vikram to his wife, being thoroughly confused at his son's cooperative behavior towards the insane girl.

"Ohhhh! My son!" Beamed Pallavi, placing her hands on her cheek. "Look what they have done to him! My poor son is too scared to say anything. Maybe he has accepted his fate!"

Pallavi could suddenly hear Vikram's laughter. As she turned to look at him in disbelief, she saw him giggling like an idiot.

"What's the joke here?" She asked, confused.

"I am the joke here! Around some two decades ago, I had, too, accepted such a fate. But I had only one hope and it was, that my son will stand for himself! But here he is! Hands outstretched. Eager to embrace his own destruction! Life is full of disappointments." He pretended to wipe his fake tears at the last line, only to receive a slap at his arm from her.

"Who are you talking about?!" She raised an eyebrow.

"How many times do you think I have experienced the joy of being a groom?!" Vikram retorted, eyes wide with astonishment as he looked at her confused.