ACCIDENT - 1

Track : Based on the track where Prachi meets with the truck accident as per Rhea's plan, and Ranbir and Shahana rush her to the hospital in Rhea's car.
______________________________________

For him, the bright white lights seemed to shine with nothing but pure darkness. For him, nothing around him could make sense right now. For him, time seemed to have stopped moments ago. For him, his life seemed to be on the verge of shattering.

As Ranbir rushed through the corridors of the hospital, with his love lying in front of him lifelessly, covered in a pool of blood, his heart felt as if someone had suddenly pierced many darts through it. His gaze remained glued to her unconscious face, his one hand still holding hers tightly, while the other one clutched the stretcher. His lips continuously chanted her name, begging her to open her lids once, as words managed to come out with great difficulty amid the whimpers.

As they reached the wide open door to the Operation Theatre, he felt someone's hand on his hands which had been entwined with Prachi's. He shifted his gaze from her for the first time, looking at Shahana on the other side of the stretcher, who was trying to detangle their fingers.

"Ranbir, leave her. She needs to go to the operation theatre." Said Shahana, between sobs.

"No! I... I cannot leave her hand, Shahana! What if she's too scared in there!? I cannot leave her all by herself there! I'll also go with her." Replied Ranbir, who could not make any sense of his surroundings.

"Please, sir, leave her. We need to take her inside immediately." Informed the doctor.

"But doctor, you don't understand! She will be scared I'm telling you! Let me come with her!" Said he, caressing her bloody cheek, eyes shedding the never stopping tears as he stared straight at her face.

"Sir you cannot come inside. Please understand, we might not have much time." Said the doctor, which seemed to do something to Ranbir. His grip on her hands loosened, as he kissed them softly once, still caressing her cheek.

"Nothing will happen to you. I'm here, okay? Everything will be fine. I promise." At this point of time, he wasn't sure if he was convincing her or himself of the same.

His gaze remained locked to her blood covered body, their entwined hands slowly and unwillingly leaving each others', as she was gradually shielded by the numerous white coats, who pulled her inside the room, before closing the door before him, who still stared directly in the same direction.

As the doors to the operation theater were finally shut, the glowing indication bulb at the top signalling that the operation had already began, Ranbir felt as if it was the biggest test he had ever faced, on which his life depended. His palms unknowingly folded themselves, his knees fell weak, as he could not help almost falling to the ground, when he felt two arms supporting his waist, helping him to sit on one of the chairs nearby, herself sitting beside him.

"Rhea? How did this happen? Prachi.... Prachi was...flowers....card...truck... " He mumbled a bunch of random words, while even Rhea's eyes filled with tears seeing him in such a state.

"She'll be fine, right?" Asked Ranbir, while Rhea just hugged him from the side. However, Ranbir just jerked her hands away from around him.

"Why don't you answer Rhea!? I don't want your hug. I just want Prachi. I want to see her alright! Answer!" He somewhat shouted, making her flinch, before resting his head in his palms, shoulders lowered as if the weight of the entire world was on them, crying inconsolably, as Rhea continued to stare at him.

He suddenly got up from his seat, trotting towards the glass wall surrounding the operation theatre, standing beside Shahana who was staring inside the room, with tears all across her face. He placed his hands on the wall of the glass, his bleeding heart aching with immense pain, seeing the person he loves more than his life, lying there in front of him lifelessly, fighting with life and death, while all he could do was nothing. His never ceasing tears flawlessly reflected his helplessness and agony, while his mind couldn't make sense of any of the things that had happened since the last hour.

His gaze remained locked to her pure soul, as he saw many people in white coats hurriedly walking across her every now and then. The extreme grief and fear etched on his dejected face, only seemed to increase as he saw her face being surrounded by an oxygen mask, her delicate body being covered with numerous of wires, doctors all around her, cleaning her blood soaked face with different objects. His head unknowingly dropped, his gaze lowering to the ground, as his eyes caught a glimpse of something familiar. He lifted his shaking hands, which were drenched in a deep red pigment. His heart got covered with another cloud of terror as he realised that the blood soaking his hands as well as his jacket belonged to his love.

He had been drenched in the blood of a person whom he had not been able to see in even the slightest bit of pain. A person whose every tear and every pain broke his heart to pieces. A person whom he had shielded from everything in this world with the protective walls of his love surrounding her gently. That person, whom he had loved more than himself, and more than his life itself, was now fighting for life every second.

"Pra... Prachi... You... I... I'm sorry." He whispered, before surrendering himself to the burden on his shoulders once again, as he once
again slowly began to embrace the ground.

He once again felt two strong arms around his shoulders, as he lifted his head slightly, his mind still not being able to make out anything happening before his eyes. However, this time, the sight of the person holding him sent slight waves of relief across him. He saw his dad gripping  him, with tears covering his eyes, and his face reflecting an expression which assured him that he knew his pain.

The moment he saw his father, he could not help the tears spilling out of his eyes, flow even faster, as he threw his arms across his shoulders, Vikram's strong shoulders being the only thing supporting him and preventing him from falling to the ground helplessly.

"Dad..d..dad... How did all this happen? We..... We were...there.... Prachi.... She'll be...she'll be fine...dad...she will right?" Ranbir managed to speak, crying his heart out in the protective embrace of his father.

"Relax, Ranbir. Nothing will happen to Prachi. She will be completely fine."
Assured Vikram, with a heavy heart in his own chest, surrounding his hands around his son's shoulders.

"But how dad?! What if....!? " He trailed off, not having the strength to convey his deepest fear in the form of words.

"Here, look at me." Said Vikram, parting from him to have a clear view of his tear stricken face.

"Nothing will happen to her. We all are here, right? Prachi will have to get well soon for us. She will have to be alright for you, right?" He stared straight into his son's eyes, with a hidden meaning shining in his teary eyes, as Ranbir looked at him, before nodding in confirmation, understanding his father's words.

"Ranbir." Spoke his mother with tears flowing from her eyes, as Ranbir noticed that his dad had not been alone.

He immediately went towards his mother, holding her hands, as Daljeet hugged him from the other side, patting his back, continuous tears flowing from all of their eyes.

"Prachi!" A voice echoed the corridor, causing all of them to look at the source of the voice.

As they looked at the dejected person standing before them, Ranbir automatically went towards the direction, while the person stared straight ahead with pure horror shimmering in the eyes. The sight of the person even made Rhea flinch a bit, while her face reflected the slightest bit of agony for the first time.

Ranbir just kept moving towards the person, eyes still shedding the uncontrollable tears of pure horror and agony, mind invaded by the horrifying incidents of the last hour, heart laced with the fear of losing his beloved, soul drenched with the sheer horror of every possible outcome that could shatter his life forever.

______________________________________

That's all for today. And though my examinations have not yet taken place, I just couldn't help myself writing one on this track! Really hope you like it.

Do tell me if you like it or not. And if you do, please don't forget to vote for it and leave your precious comments below. Waiting:)