ACCIDENT - 2

[ NandiniGhosh candy54789 thisuni21 its_khushiiii nimsimrey riyasharmapranbirfan You were correct guys. It's Pragya:)]

As Ranbir approached the person, the devastated woman rushed straight towards him, her horrified face covered with tears.

"Ran.. Ranbir. You're here. Where is.. Where is Prachi?" Her voice was drenched with extreme fear, as she held his shoulders, shaking them a bit, while her eyes constantly searched for the sight of her beloved daughter all around him.

"She's fine...right? Why are you so quiet?! I'm asking you!" She looked straight into his moist eyes with her tear covered ones, her sheer terror increasing its intensity due to his silence, as his gaze was fixed to the ground.

"Ranbir!? I'm asking something!" She held his collars, while he still didn't seem to show the slightest bit of movement.

"I'll check for myself then!" Horrified even more at his silent treatment, she finally loosened her grip on him, before hurrying towards the people in front of her, heart pumping with immense fear and agony.

As she hastened towards the people standing towards the end of the corridor, Pallavi started moving towards her, holding her hands as they met half the way.

"Pallavi Ji?! Where is.... Where is Prachi!? Why is Ranbir not saying anything?!" Pragya hyperventilated, and before Pallavi could answer any of her questions, another girl who had been witnessing the whole scenario since the first second, came rushing towards them, before hugging Pragya tightly.

"Maasi!" She cried with a slight reflection of relief in her voice.

"Shahana! Why are you crying!? Where is Prachi!? Will anyone tell me!?" Pragya almost yelled as she pulled away form the hug, clutching Shahana's arms.

"Maasi... She is inside the operation theatre." Shahana finally informed the dejected woman, with tears of profound grief rolling down her cheeks, as she pointed towards the large door at the end of the corridor.

"Ope... Operation....theatre?" Pragya seemed to be at a loss of words as she covered her mouth with her palm, before immediately rushing towards the door, her petrified eyes staring in a far off direction.

She placed her palm on the door, examining it from top to bottom, before inching towards the glass wall with a heavy heart that had been bleeding due to immense fear and anticipation, her palm sliding through the doors. As the distance between her and the wall seemed to disappear, she closed her eyes once, heart continuously begging and praying, unable to accept the condition of her daughter that Ranbir's silence and pained face had already conveyed.

As she came to a halt feeling the rough texture of the door being replaced by the smooth sheets of glass beneath her fingers, she slowly began lifting her heavy lids, gathering all the courage and strength that she could at the moment.

However, the scene in front of her eyes shook her to the core. There she was. Her beloved daughter lying motionless in front of her eyes, her entire face drenched in blood, her entire body covered with sheets and wires, as numerous people rushed across her every now and then with different objects clutched in their hands. Her daughter, her life, and her reason to live were all lying there in the form of the still, delicate figure. Pragya's eyes began to cloud with another set of fresh tears, as she could not feel her surroundings anymore. All her blank mind could contemplate was the lifeless, bloody figure of her dearest daughter and the pain she must be suffering through.