I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU - 5 (FINAL PART)

"....monkey!" Yelled Prachi at the top of her voice.

Ranbir being standing intensely close to her got startled at her sudden explosion. The expression of hope and care reflected on his face was suddenly replaced by one of utter shock and disappointment.

"What?! I'm a monkey?! That's what you feel about me?! Look, Prachi, the other things were still fine. But I will not tolerate this! I..." He began complaining as Prachi continued to look straight ahead with fear lurking behind her eyes.

"Shhhhh!" She interrupted. "Baklu! How much do you have to speak?!" She came closer, pretending to whisper. "You know one secret? You have to listen to the other person first to come to conclusions!" She explained.

"Really?" He narrowed his eyes.

"Listen what? That I'm a monkey? I don't like monkeys. You...you cannot call me that. Here I am! Trying to tell you the feelings of my heart. And there you are! I won't talk to you!" He whined like a child, placing his hands on his waist.

"Ranbir! We'll do this later on! Right now there's...."

"You don't think monkeys are handsome, do you?" He smirked for a strange thought of Prachi crushing on monkeys flitted across his mind.

"Are you out of your mind?!" She retorted, puzzled and somewhat furious.

"I'm not the topic of discussion here, Prachi! Tell me. Are you secretly hiding your crush? Whose face gets reflected in everything you see?" He spoke as if he had caught her red handed, committing a hideous crime. Though, in reality, he sounded totally crazy and out of his mind.

Prachi lifted her claws in the air, in an attempt to rip all his hair out, before balling her fists in anger and annoyance midway in the air.

"Woah, woah!" He complained, jumping back in fear. "Is that anger I see? Of being caught?" He said, raising an eyebrow, before placing his finger on his chin, pretending to think.

"Wait, now I get it! You don't accept my feelings because your heart belongs to someone else! Not fair, Prachi! At least you should've...." He couldn't complete his nonsense as he felt her fingers on his mouth, covering it completely.

He was about to protest when Prachi rotated his face in a hundred and eighty degree angle.

After searching for any viewable sight for a moment, he saw a slightly yellowish brown figure far away, hanging through something like a tail from one of the branches of a tree, staring straight at them while swinging sideways every now and then. It somewhat looked scary. It took a moment for Ranbir to figure out what the thing exactly was. As he recognised the familiar creature, he felt Prachi clutching his arm. Turning his gaze towards her, it took him an entire minute to realise that she had been trying to hide herself since then.

"No way! You're scared of monkeys!" He jumped at his conclusion, seeming excited, before bursting into a laughter, while Prachi stared at him with both fear and annoyance mixed in her eyes.

"I'm not!"

"Then why are you hiding in there?! Let's go say 'Hi' to him." He teased, clasping her hand.

"Shut up! It's....it's your friend! You go!" She said and instantly regretted it.

"Okay then! I'll be back after having a nice chit-chat." He began to strode off as Prachi pulled him back through his jacket that she had clutched.

"Just stand here! Get it? You're not going anywhere!" She ordered.

"Why, Prachi? Are you scared?" He raised a brow at the last word.