ACCIDENT - 5 (FINAL PART)

"What...what happened, doctor?! Prachi's... Prachi's fine...right?! The operation is successful and we can take her home now, right!? Why are you not saying anything?! Please... "
Ranbir hyperventilated, the anticipated vibration of his heart increasing with every passing second, as he was cut short by the doctor.

"Calm down, please, young man! I can speak only if you let me." The middle aged man smiled slightly, which seemed to calm Ranbir a bit, as he apologised.

"I'm..I'm sorry, doctor. Please... She's fine, right?" Ranbir asked with fear covering his heart while his eyes were glistening with sheer hope and love.

"Yes, she is." The doctor smiled. "She's out of danger now." Those mere words sent waves of profound relief running down Ranbir's soul, as he finally took a deep breath of utmost relief, placing his palm on his chest.

"But, I'm afraid her condition still is quite critical. But don't worry, all you have to do is take really good care of her and provide all the rest and medication that she needs."

"Thank you! Thank you so much, doctor! I'll do everything you say! Is she awake, yet? Has she gained consciousness? Can I.. Can I meet her? How's she feeling? And when can we take her home? Actually, she..she doesn't like the environment of hospitals much. She thinks she's stong but every small thing scares her like a child! She might be scared when she gets up. Can I please go there? She might feel uncomfortable finding no one around her. And she..... Why...why are you smiling, doctor? " Ranbir blabbered in one go, while the others, including the surgeon, smiled knowingly seeing the extent of his care for his love.

"Nothing, young man. Please, relax. Everything is fine. She's not gained consciousness yet. But might soon. You cannot take her home now, for I'm afraid she'll have to stay here for another forty eight hours." The doctor raised his palm in front of him, as he saw Ranbir open his mouth once again, eyes flawlessly reflecting his worries. "You don't need to worry. She's fine. It's just as a precautionary measure."

"Thank you so much, doctor! I cannot express my gratitude in words." A relieved Abhishek forwarded his hand, as they shared a handshake.

"You don't need to, Mister Mehra. Nothing could've happened to your daughter for she's got such a loving family, and such a caring husband." Smiled he, gesturing towards Ranbir at his last words, while Ranbir's lips curved slightly.

"You're right, doctor. Nothing could've happened to her." Said Abhishek, smiling at Ranbir, along with the others.

"I'm sorry, doctor. I.. I shouldn't have behaved the way I did earlier... I just.."
Ranbir's apologies again got interrupted by the surgeon.

"I understand, Mister Kohli. It's totally fine. It was just your pure love and concern for your wife, and to be honest, I really appreciate that such pure and selfless bonds still exist. Now, if you excuse me." Said the doctor as the others cleared his way. He advanced his steps, before moving backwards once again in the opposite direction, stopping right before Ranbir.

"And yes, you can meet her. We've shifted her to a private ward." Smiled the experienced man once again, as Ranbir's heart filled with extreme gratitude for him.

"Thank.. Thank you so much, doctor!" Managed he, smiling with a sheer sense of relief, heart laced with the satisfaction of having conquered the biggest battle of his life, as the doctor nodded his head at him, patting his shoulders twice, before moving towards the other direction.

The news poured showers of utter relief and rejoice on each and every soul present there. Abhishek hugged Ranbir with a wide grin stretched across his face, while Ranbir who had been jumping with joy, held him tightly too. Pallavi wiped her tears as a soft smile slowly crept on her lips, finally seeing her beloved son's charming smile adorning his lips once again. Vikram's hand surrounded her shoulders, as he and Daljeet too smiled through tears, seeing the duo.