Visit

Getting up the next morning I found myself doing my daily routine but with like 9 extra people in the already cramped apartment. Not wanting to disturb anyone I made light steps around till I was ready to leave. Quickly popping my head in to tell my dad where I was going I locked the door and made my way to my desired location. The hospital.

Walking past shops and everything I once again seeing River outside his complex. Except this time he's dressed and with his cousin again.

"Hey pond what's up?"

"We are about to head to the park." He said as he held his little cousins hand. "You?"

"Hospital," I said much more casual then it should have felt.

"Ah. Um well tell pops I said hi and I hope his nap is ok."

"I gotchu." I laughed as I continued my walk. Once my eyes landed on the rather large building that stood in the far distance I felt sadness flowing back into. Walking in I see the oh to familiar uniforms. Talking to the nurse I got a visitor sticker and headed to his floor. Saying hi to passing nurses I made my way to the oh so familiar door. Placing a hand on the door knob I pause.

Taking a deep breath I opened the door and slowly let my eyes gaze over the room. Azaleas were set near the window and the blue curtain lightly dancing with the wind that came in through the open window. Walking over I closed it because I knew he wouldn't like both the window open and the air conditioning on. Pulling up a chair I sat right next to his bed. I set the bag he had gotten me on his bedside and gently caressed his large hand in my smaller hands. After a moment I found my voice.

"Hey daddy..." I started with. I followed that with telling him everything that had happened. Telling him about Tubbo and the whole confession. I know he's not awake but just him being here was enough for me. Letting the hours fly by I just let everything flow out. It was easy to talk to him. After a long while I heard someone knock. Glancing up I saw Tubbo standing in the door.

"Tubbo? What are you doing here?" I asked as I watched him walk over to me. Leaning past me he grabbed a tissue and leaned back and dryer my cheeks off.

"I was here because I was told you were here."

"I was just here talking to my dad." I explained. Pulling a chair up he looked at my dad. Then back at me before speaking.

"It's nice to meet you sir!" He smiled. "I'm Toby and I think your daughter is amazing, talented, beautiful-"

"I get it Tubbo," I say cutting him off. "Let me say bye to him and then we can leave."

"I'll wait outside." He said before getting up and stepping out. Saying a couple things to my dad I kissed his hand and stood up. Grabbing my bag I waited for just a moment. Looking down at him once more I griped his hand.

"Please come back.... dad misses you.. I miss you." Is the last thing I said before letting go of his hand. Walking out I see Tubbo standing by the door. "McDonalds?"

"Of course." He smiled. Taking his hand I began dragging him to the McDonalds that wasn't too far from the hospital. Ordering some chicken nuggets to make myself feel better I see Tubbo walk back with something unimaginable. A McFlurry.

"How did you get one of those???" I freaked out.

"The girl at the counter said I was cute and gave me one." He laughed. I bit shocked I saw he had gotten an extra spoon and handed it to me. Smiling I took it and removed it from the wrapper. Getting a spoon full I felt a sense of joy as I tasted the rare food.

"You treat me too well." I said with a sense of euphoria for such a dumb thing.

"I would agree if it weren't for the fact that I'm not letting you have anymore." He laughed.