chapter two

CHAPTER TWO: REPORT ON THE HULK

Currently, all of the Avengers were sitting in the jet on their way back to the tower. I had my head leaning back against the seat I sat in, my eyes closed. I could hear Natasha talking to Bruce softly from their spot on the jet, while everyone else was mainly silent.

I let my mind wander back to the girl I saw earlier. She could definitely handle herself, as she threw both Steve and I away from her with ease. With her mind. But it wasn't just her skill that I noticed, it was the way she carried herself. It was her wicked smirk. Her glowing eyes. I found myself thinking deeply about every little detail. She was so ethereal yet so fierce. I felt fascinated by her.

"Penny for your thoughts?" A voice spoke up as I felt the weight shifting in the seat next to me. I instantly recognized the voice.

"Hm?" I slowly opened my eyes before turning to look at Steve, sitting up straight as I was pulled away from the small trance that I was in.

"You looked deep in throught." He shrugged. "You all right?"

I nodded quickly, "I'm okay." I sent him a small smile, letting him know that I appreciated him asking. "Just tired, I guess."

"Thor, report on the hulk." Natasha's voice interrupted our conversation, it was loud enough so that Thor could hear, which got the attention of the others as well.

"The gates of hell are filled with the screams of his victims." He sent her a smile, completely clueless about the impact his words had. My eyes widened and I lifted my head, struggling to hold in my laugh.

Thor, realizing his mistake, tried to fix it, "uh... but the screams of the dead of course. No, no... uh... wounded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and, uh...and gout." He trailed off awkwardly as Bruce put his head in his hands.

"It just kept getting worse." I said aloud. Though, it was louder than intended. Thor turned to me with a grimace. "Sorry." I shrugged.

"Hey, Banner, Dr. Cho's on her way in from Seoul. Is it okay if she sets up in your lab?" Tony spoke up from the front of the jet, ignoring the look of guilt on Bruce's face as he tried to change the subject.

"Uh," Bruce sighed before nodding, "yeah, she knows her way around."

"Thanks." Tony said, before telling JARVIS, "tell her to prep everything, Barton's gonna need the full treatment."

"Very good, sir." JARVIS replied.

"JARVIS, take the wheel." Tony said, I continued listening to their conversation. I sighed, a bored expression on my face.

"Yes, sir. Approach vector is locked."

Tony then stood up and walked over to Thor as Steve nudged my arm to get my attention. I quickly lifted my head off his shoulder so he could stand up and walk towards the others.

"It feels good, yeah? I mean, you've been after this thing since SHIELD collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but..." Tony said, trailing off at the end.

"No, but this... this brings it to a close." Thor nodded, his arms crossed. I looked at the sceptre with a blank face. It looked just as it did back in 2012, when Loki held it proudly in his hand as Aliens invaded New York.

I ignored the tug in my gut this time when I looked at it.

"As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I don't just mean weapons. Since when is strucker capable of human enhancement?" Steve questioned with a frown, glancing at the sceptre for a moment before looking back up at the two men next to him.

"Banner and I'll give it the once before it goes back to Asgard." Tony shrugged before turning to Thor, "is that cool with you?" He asked. The Asgardian only nodded his head. "I mean, just a few days until the farewell party. You're staying right?"

"Yes, yes, of course. A victory should be honoured with revels." Thor nodded once more.

"Yeah. Who doesn't love revels. Captain?"

"Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitauri and Hydra. So, yes, revels." Steve agreed.

-----
lizzie speaks....

quinn being fascinated by wanda is my favourite. the way she thinks about her >

love at first sight but she doesn't know she's in love if yk what i mean 💋