chapter thirty three

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE: I LIKE THIS ONE

"Bruce gave him a sedative." Rhodey said as he held his hands together. "He's gonna probably be out for the rest of the day." He was referring to Tony, who definitely deserved the rest after what he's been through.

"You guys take care of him." Carol spoke up as she crossed her arms. "And I'll bring him a bezurian elixir when I come back." She began to walk towards the door with obvious confidence.

Steve frowned in confusion, "where are you going?"

"To kill Thanos." Carol didn't turn to look at us as she answered, she kept walking forward. Natasha glanced at Steve and I with a raised brow before going after Carol. I was quick to follow behind them.

"Hey." Nat stopped Carol in her tracks, "you know we usually work as a team here and... uh, between you and I, we're also a little fragile."

Steve walked up to us, "we realize up there is more your territory but this is our fight too."

Rhodey raised a brow, "you even know where he is?"

Carol shrugged, "I know people who might."

"Don't bother." We looked across the room to see the blue and purple woman from earlier, whose name is Nebula. "I can tell you where Thanos is."

We all moved back to the room with the holograms as Nebula explained. She glared down at the floor as she thought about past memories, "Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. Then when he worked, he talked about... his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask, where would we go once his plan was complete? And his answer was always the same." Nebula walked forward and placed her hands on a table. "To the garden."

Rhodey sucked in a breath as he shrugged, "that's cute. Thanos has a retirement plan." I snickered softly at the comment.

"So where is he?" Steve asked as he walked around the room to get a better look at the hologram in the middle of the table.

The hologram showed a picture of the globe, and Rocket stood on the table and pointed at it. "When Thanos snapped his fingers, earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it..." a wave of energy washed across the table, "until two days ago."

The hologram zoomed past multiple planets, until it landed on one that I didn't recognize. "On this planet." A wave of energy washed over the planet, much like it did on earth.

"Thanos is there." Nebula confirmed his location aloud.

Natasha leaned forward, eyeing the planet with furrowed brows. "He used the stones again."

"Hey, hey, hey, hey..." Bruce laughed nervously. "We'd be going in short-handed, you know?"

"He still has the stones, though..." I sighed, moving to sit on the table with the hologram as I looked at it.

"So let's get em'." Carol shrugged. She looked around at the rest of us, "use them to bring everyone back."

"Just like that?" Bruce asked.

Steve nodded, "yeah. just like that." For the first time in a few weeks, I felt a sense of hope deep within me.

Natasha sucked in an uneasy breath, "even if there's a... a small chance that we can undo this... I mean, we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try."

"If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?" Bruce asked, deciding to think about all the different outcomes that there could be.

"Because before, you didn't have me." Carol stated, her hands on her hips.

Rhodey scoffed, "hey, new girl, everybody in this room is about that superhero life. And if you don't mind my asking, where the hell have you been all this time?"

Carol raised a brow, "there are a lot of other planets in the universe. And unfortunately, they didn't have you guys." Rhodey immediately shut his mouth as he turned his head to look away.

I furrowed my brows at a sudden noise, turning to see Thor get out of his seat and leave a meal that he had unfinished. Carol slowly turned around to face him as they were now much closer than before. Thor held a hand out, and his new weapon, Stormbreaker, landed perfectly in his grip.

Carol squinted her eyes with a smirk, she didn't even flinch. Thor thought for a moment as he crossed his arms, Stormbreaker held loosely in his hands. Eventually he nodded, looking around at the rest of us. "I like this one."

Steve stared at the hologram on the table for a moment before speaking, "let's go get this son of a bitch."

-----
lizzie speaks...

i'm actually rly excited to finish this, i've been waiting to write quinn in endgame since i started this series but i also procrastinate so it took a while