chapter fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: FURY, YOU SON OF A BITCH

Clint and I made our way to a bigger fight since we had finished off the robots where we just were. My body ached pretty much everywhere, and all I wanted to do right now was sleep for the next three thousand years.

I flew up over debris and landed on the ground which caused cracks of light to seep in as my eyes glowed. I shot at some robots with my hands and they were destroyed instantly. I watched my hands as my palms glowed a bright golden colour and Clint looked at me in shock.

When I lost my focus, the light faded and I was back to my normal self. "I didn't know you could do that." He mumbled.

I hummed softly, "me neither." I admitted.

"The next wave's gonna hit any minute." Steve spoke up on the comms. "What do you got, Stark?"

"Huh? Nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city..." Tony responded softly. "That'll keep it from impacting the surface, if you guys can get clear."

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan." Steve said sternly. Clint and I continued fighting off robots as we listened. This was definitely far from good.

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're gonna have to make a choice." I eventually broke away from Clint as I saw Steve come into view. I ran up to him and gave him a concerned look, we both knew that this was not going to end well.

"Cap, these people are going nowhere." Natasha sighed as she stood next to the two of us. "If Stark finds a way to blow this rock..."

"Not till everyone's safe." Steve quickly spoke. Leave it to Steve to have the last bit of hope-I always admired that about him.

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there." Natasha argued calmly.

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it."

"I didn't say we should leave." Natasha sighed. "There's worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?" She finished, smiling sadly at the end.

Steve looked at Natasha, but he didn't say a thing. Suddenly, our sad moment was interrupted by a familiar voice on the comms.

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better."

"Oh, my gods. Fury?" I said aloud, my eyes wide.

The three of us watched as a helicarrier rose up to the level of the floating city. "Nice right? Pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do." He sounded proud.

So this is what he meant by 'dramatic'.

"Fury, you son of a bitch." Steve smiled, he squinted at the aircraft.

I stifled a laugh, I could already hear the comments coming. "Ooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?" Called it.

I watched in amazement as little boats came out; they were meant to carry people. Pietro walked over to us, standing in the front. He watched with a smile. "This is SHIELD?" He asked.

"This is what SHIELD is supposed to be." Steve nodded.

Pietro looked back at us before chuckling softly, "this is not so bad."

Steve nodded, "let's load 'em up." He called out before he ran off to find people and help guide them to safety. I nodded before running off to help. We actually might all make it out alive. I thought with a smile.